Contribute
Register

Basic installation with Iboot and Snow Leopard doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrow my friends Imac and download High Sierra or Mojave
Yes, that will work fine.
This gibMacOs thing seems to messy for me.
Im not that good on computers.
Hackintoshing takes willingness to learn new things. If you don't want to try, not much else we can do to help you.

Yes I understand that, but Im like and old dog, :) actually 64 years old, and I like to stick with the method Ive used before. Its a lot easier for me.
If it doesnt work, I will do my best to try the methods you suggested
But a million thanx for all your help! :)

I like to stick with the method Ive used before. Its a lot easier for me.
If your friends iMac has High Sierra show up under the "Purchased" tab in the Mac App Store, you can simply download it the normal way from there. If he upgraded to HS from an earlier version then it may not show up there. You'll need find that out once you have access to the iMac. If it's not there run the gibMacOS script and then drag the installer into Applications, then run Unibeast. Very simple.

Ok, will do, I think he has El Capitan though.
One question, I made a bootable USB installation based on my new system when I had and old Imac at home.
This doesnt start either, it contains El Capitan. Is my system to new for this too?

Maybe I need to put some boot options at the start screen?

This doesnt start either, it contains El Capitan. Is my system to new for this too?
Kaby Lake support (i7-7700K) started with 10.12.6 which is Sierra. So not officially supported. You'd probably have to fake the CPU ID to get it to work. See the following post:

Ok thanx, how do I fake the cpu id?

Ok, thank you, I will try this as soon as I get home, thanx a million! :)

Ok, thank you, I will try this as soon as I get home, thanx a million!
I'm not certain it will work, depends on which version of El Cap is on the USB. You'll also need to set your UEFI/BIOS correctly too. If you require more help later on, start a new thread in El Capitan Desktop support. Also read some guides and User Builds based on your Asus Z270-A motherboard to learn more about what you need to do. Search the site, it works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back