Banding problem on light gray with RX 6600 XT

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi,

I just upgraded from an RX580 to an MSI RX 6600 XT.

I have problems with some greenish banding on some light gray areas. Even the background of this website looks grainy with a slight shade of green barely but definitely visible.

I'll attach an icon where this is totally visible with stripes, and also I tried to take a screenshot of a light gray background where hopefully you can see the effect. But in the probable case I just see it on my screen with the "problem" I'm having I'll also attach a picture taken to the screen and to the gray patch zoomed way in (its gray-green pattern where it should be flat light gray).

If I put back my old 580 everything goes back to normal! Only with 6600 I get this problem

Ideas?

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 20.53.21.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 20.55.41.jpg
FXT35584.jpg
FXT35585.jpg

What are you using to activate the RX 6600 XT dGPU?
Do you have any DeviceProperties for the GPU, i.e. ATY Henbury?
Are you using the agdpmod=pikera boot argument?
Do you have the IGPU disabled in the bios?

Have you read and followed this guide for the RX 6600 XT regarding DeviceProperties etc.

What are you using to activate the RX 6600 XT dGPU?
Do you have any DeviceProperties for the GPU, i.e. ATY Henbury?
Are you using the agdpmod=pikera boot argument?
Do you have the IGPU disabled in the bios?

Have you read and followed this guide for the RX 6600 XT regarding DeviceProperties etc.

I have latest opencore and kexts (Whatevergreen included obviously), I'm not using any properties as it looks like it's not needed anymore and only affected fans and performance...

Yes I'm using pikera boot arg and I don't have an iGpu (KF cpu)

It's such a strange graphic glitch...

Maybe adding the DeviceProperties for the RX 6600 XT would help with these graphics issues.

Alternatively, you could remove WhateverGreen.kext and replace it with NootRX.kext and see if that makes any difference.

Back