Contribute
Register

Baffled: install fails at verifying installesd.dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 300 Series MoBo is a really 'wild beast'.
To 'tame it' you may need a lot of research and help .
The post by CaseySJ is one I would suggest to get a lot of real well documented help for your problem. You can find it here: success-gigabyte-designare-z390-thunderbolt-3-with-i7-9700k.267551.

This surprises me? I thought buying the cheapest MoBo w/o all the bells and whistles, and overclocking capabilities, would be a much easier build and macOS install, especially for a rookie like me. The MoBo was listed as one option for the CustoMac Mini. I will be researching the CaseySJ link for clues and options. I need to post my follow-up results from last night in the "2 minute thread". Providing a detailed description, along with pix will take some time. Hopefully, I and others will benefit.

This surprises me? I thought buying the cheapest MoBo w/o all the bells and whistles, and overclocking capabilities, would be a much easier build and macOS install, especially for a rookie like me. The MoBo was listed as one option for the CustoMac Mini. I will be researching the CaseySJ link for clues and options. I need to post my follow-up results from last night in the "2 minute thread". Providing a detailed description, along with pix will take some time. Hopefully, I and others will benefit.

All Motherboards manufactured for sale to the public in the open market are really meant for Microsoft Operating systems NOT MAC or Linux. That's why there are no drivers for these OSes at the Manufacturer's Webpage_Support_Downloads.

Linux will be able to use these boards much easier than Hackintosh because Linux enthusiasts have been able to come up with required drivers for the various "Distros".

Similarly add-on devices like Graphics, WiFi etc are also primarily made for the larger Windows Market.

The Intel WiFi module on your Motherboard good for Windows and Linux will turn out to be a useless 'paper weight" in your Hackintosh.

Don't expect to use it as your WiFi in your Hackintosh.

It may even be advisable to remove it to reduce incompatible hardware related issues during installation. You will have to go for a Mac and Windows supported Broadcom Wifi Card or Broadcom USB dongle if you really want to have Wireless network connection from your Hack or Multiboot System.

May be early days but I think I may have - sort of - figured this out
.......So just for giggles I removed one ram card, bringing my total ram on the board to 4gb.

Lo and behold - stable system again. It’s only been a couple of hours but

Just a BIG Thank You! I pulled 2x8gb sticks, leaving 2x4gb sticks installed and that got me through the error! I left my graphics card installed (nVidia 660ti). I think I have 7 series mobo (3770k chip). Again thanks for posting, still probably have more challenges ahead but past this first hurtle but wanted to let other know it worked. Currently at multibesst install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back