Contribute
Register

Bad audio quality and only boot from iboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTK said:
Since you have been trying to get this to work for sometime, you may have conflicting kexts installed. Have you installed the Voodoo kexts?

You might need to go through your /System/Library/Extensions folder to find all the audio kexts that you installed with MultiBeast and delete the ones you do not need. Check the descriptions in the MultiBeast PDF or in Multibeast itself for names. Go slowly if you do this as deleting the wrong can be a bad thing. Re-run MultiBeast and choose System Utilities when you are finished.

Hmmmm...may need to scratch the above items. You are still booting with iBoot? If you are booting with iBoot then the system is installing the iBoot "generic" kexts each time you boot. No matter what you have installed to your HD, the iBoot system is still installing it's set when you boot. Need to figure out why you cannot boot from the HD.

Ok here is anything i could find relating to audio:

AppleFWAudio.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext
AudioAUUC.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext
GigabyteALC88b.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Which ones should i delete, I know some of those were not user installed, but hey, better safe then sorry.

Minituff said:
Ok here is anything i could find relating to audio:

AppleFWAudio.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleUSBAudio.kext
AudioAUUC.kext
AudioIPCDriver.kext
GigabyteALC88b.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
HDAEnabler889.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Which ones should i delete, I know some of those were not user installed, but hey, better safe then sorry.
My guess would be the following

GigabyteALC88b.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Not 100% sure about the Gigabyte Kext. Did you install that one?

Not 100% sure, i will delete the other ones though if it still sounds bad i will keep a copy of it and delete it and i will see what happens.

Ok tried it, both ways, the audio was still bad.
Not sure, i think it might have to do with the graphics, maybe if we fix that then the audio will follow.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in, but I think if you are booting with iBoot it does not matter what you do with the kexts on your HD because iBoot is loading its set of kexts (see the ones in the link from Going Bald).

I think you need to concentrate on getting Chimera to boot from the HD. You said earlier that you could not use a UserDSDT install. Can you confirm that you were using the proper DSDT? The DSDTs are both board version and BIOS version specific.

well i have bios version f4 and it says "rev. 1.1" on the actual motherboard

YES! I fixed it, this is what i did For all those who have the Redeon 6670 do this.
To fix my problem, i updated to Chimera 1.6.0 and took out the iboot cd and it booted of the HDD and the audio is fixed. THANKS!
I will notify you if i have any other problems
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back