intel i5 6198DU 2.8GHz
Graphics
intel HD graphics 520 / Nvidia Geforce 920Mx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey !

I am trying to make changing brightness work like it does on windows, using the keys assigned in the system preferences under keyboard shortcut. so I followed the Rehabman guide on the Mojave support forum and it didn't get me anywhere other than changing my brightness to maximum ( it wasn't before applying the kext and the SSDT file in the repository )

what did I do wrong ?

I attached debug files.

Attachments

• Send me Asus-Macbook.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
Hey !

I am trying to make changing brightness work like it does on windows, using the keys assigned in the system preferences under keyboard shortcut. so I followed the Rehabman guide on the Mojave support forum and it didn't get me anywhere other than changing my brightness to maximum ( it wasn't before applying the kext and the SSDT file in the repository )

what did I do wrong ?

I attached debug files.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

Attachments

• 14209.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
Here is my gen_debug files, thanks

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You should have only DSDT.aml and 1 or 2 OEM SSDTs involved in disabling Nvidia. No other patched SSDTs.
All renames should be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

Your backlight control is not working because you forgot to install Lilu.kext.
It is quite obvious in your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550e29f40 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550c50ce0 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "PinConfigs.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "as.vit9696.PinConfigs" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550f1c7a0 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
AppleALC.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleALC.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
You should have only DSDT.aml and 1 or 2 OEM SSDTs involved in disabling Nvidia. No other patched SSDTs.
All renames should be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.262184/

Your backlight control is not working because you forgot to install Lilu.kext.
It is quite obvious in your kextcache output:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550e29f40 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550c50ce0 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "PinConfigs.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "as.vit9696.PinConfigs" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb550f1c7a0 [0x7fffa7b55af0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
AppleALC.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleALC.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

I installed Lilu.kext and it broke my boot.
I tried to boot with Safe mode argument and it did work after a very long time and i had the brightness working but not the shortcut keys. But that is not a way of booting.

The image I attached is from the verbose boot, there I didn't inject EDID in trying to identify the problem. In that try I did make it farther in boot than the other tries.

what would the problem be ? should i try and fix the patching of SSDTs ?

Edit : I couldn't boot into macOs until I deleted Lilu.kext from S/L/E. how can I use lily when it blocks my boot

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_172951.jpg
    IMG_20181129_172951.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I managed to make ti work, it turns out installing to S/L/E instead of L/E was the key. I had to install Lilu.kext and the AppleBacklightFixup.kext to L/E instead of S/L/E.
The down point is that I lost Sound, I think it is because I deleted Lilu.kext from my clover folder.

I installed Lilu.kext and it broke my boot.
I tried to boot with Safe mode argument and it did work after a very long time and i had the brightness working but not the shortcut keys. But that is not a way of booting.

The image I attached is from the verbose boot, there I didn't inject EDID in trying to identify the problem. In that try I did make it farther in boot than the other tries.

what would the problem be ? should i try and fix the patching of SSDTs ?

Edit : I couldn't boot into macOs until I deleted Lilu.kext from S/L/E. how can I use lily when it blocks my boot

Make sure you're installing latest Lilu.kext and all related Lilu plugins.

Note: You should have never installed Lilu.kext to /S/L/E. Please read the FAQ carefully for correct installation location for kexts.

I got a real bug from lilu following installation in both L/E and clover/kexts/other, i can't boot anymore. Does lilu have specific versions that compatible with only HS 10.13.6 because I did install the latest version and I had that bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back