Contribute
Register

B75M-D3P audio over HDMI does not work (Intel HD 3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo W520
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000 and Quadro 1000m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey All,

I’m currently in desperate needs of making this work because I only have a 3-day window left before my 30-day return policy ends.

*Just a little bit of history* 3 Weeks ago, I purchased an ASrock H77m-ITX board + i3-2125 cpu that sports HD 3000. – That board works fine and HDMI over audio works also. However, I needed to return that board because of a Nasty issue with KVM switch and USB. USB does not work when switching back and forth thru a KVM switch. Sleep does not work too. But that was a totally different issue and I didn’t even bother since it also happens in Windows and Linux. Anyway …

So I return my Asrock board and replaced it with a Gigabyte B75M-D3P.

I’m at 95% functionality right now (Sleep, QE/CI, analog audio, etc). As a matter of fact, I don’t even need DSDT on this thing. But the most important thing is not functioning Audio thru HDMI.

I’ve read and read guides and I’m really out of luck. I guess I became really rusty in the OSX86 world.

I’ve tried following guides carefully, and I read that DSDT is REQUIRED to make this work. So I extracted my DSDT from Linux, I cleaned out some warnings. Inserted DGPT and followed the guide inserting HD 3000, renamed GFX0 to IGPU, etc . I also followed the guide at editing HD 3000 kext.

Then I got puzzled with the HDEF patch.

On the guides that I am reading, my DSDT looks totally different in that section. So I just copied the whole HDEF block and pasted it over what I had. After the HDEF plagiarism I did, thankfully audio still works but only in Green Jack (still no HDMI audio).

I’ve tried all combinations in Multibeast like ALC887 (with DSDT, without DSDT, universal, etc).
Right now, I’m not even bothering updating to 10.8.1 .. I think 10.8.0 would be my starting ground first.

I was hoping maybe some can help me, I am attaching my Vanilla 10.8.0 AppleHDA.kext, Untouched DSDT, and my messed up DSDT (one I made). I also will add my Vanilla HD3000 kext.

*Also, I'm actually surprised the Vanilla HD 3000 works only with this DSDT IGPU patch I added - really cool IMO. No need of HD 3000 kext editing .. but still no HDMI audio.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• untouched HD 3000 kext.zip
    300.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Untouched-dsdt-from-LINUX.aml.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Vanilla-AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • MySelfEditedMessedupDSDT.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 68
Believe it or not, there is not enough information to help you. The most important troubleshooting tool is a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Hi Toleda,

I'm sorry for not posting the right information - I was so busy at work and I only had time yesterday and today :(. But now, I have attached the IOReg. I hope I got it right.

BTW, for your info, before I did the IOReg, I reformatted again so start clean and fresh, so I'm currently in 10.8 and I chose this settings in Multibeast 5.0.2

x UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
x Drivers & Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > With DSDT > ALC888b/887 > v100302
x Disk >TRIM Enaber
x Misc > FakeSMC
x Misc > FakeSMC Plugins > Motherboard plugins + H Monitor
x Network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
x Bootloader > Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
x System Definition > Mac Pro > MacPro 3,1

I can verify in the audio jack (green jack) that I have sound. I also used the DSDT that was posted in my first post named "MySelfEditedMessedupDSDT.zip". QE/CI is also working.

I just zipped the IOREG*

EDIT: I don't know if this would make any sense by I just want to let you know that I set my HD 3000 memory allocation in the BIOS to 384MB.

Thank you very much sir!

Attachments

• IOREG.zip
    432.7 KB · Views: 77
I was hoping maybe some can help me, I am attaching my Vanilla 10.8.0 AppleHDA.kext, Untouched DSDT, and my messed up DSDT (one I made). I also will add my Vanilla HD3000 kext.

*Also, I'm actually surprised the Vanilla HD 3000 works only with this DSDT IGPU patch I added - really cool IMO. No need of HD 3000 kext editing .. but still no HDMI audio.
You did mess up. Look at HDEF/hda-gfx. Look at IGPU/hda-gfx. What's wrong with the picture. They don't talk to each other. Make both of them onboard-1.

Hi again Toleda,

Thanks for pointing that out! Sorry for being a noob :)

However, after changing it and matching it both onboard-1, I still don't have sound over HDMI. I also tried both onboard-2 and still the same.

Just to be clear and also to let you know .. I'll let you know what I did from the start (maybe I missed something).

1) Reformatted and installed from scratch then installed MultiBeast 5.0.2 with the checklist listed on my 2nd post.

2) Used the DSDT.aml (with matched onboard-1): I'll just attach it again on this post just to be sure - named: "MatchedOnboard-1-DSDT.aml.zip"

2) I followed this guide about changing some ID's on some HD 3000 kexts here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html

2.1) However, even without editing those kext, my system still boots with QE/CI - But I did try both with edited and vanilla - still no HDMI audio
2.2) Since I can boot both with and without editing those kexts, I'm not sure if I should keep it edited or not. I'm not sure if it would impact HDMI over audio. Please advice on this.

So that is where I am at. I did not do any AppleHDA editing. I just used the option in Multibeast (checked ALC887 - with DSDT).

I will also attach my new IOREG (I don't know if needed) after I matched onboard-1 in DSDT named: IOREG-Onboard1.zip

**On a side note, I was just playing around with the DSDT I did try renaming IGPU back to GFX0 still nothing. -- I know it should be IGPU but I just tried resulting to nothing.

I really hope we can fix this :( I really love this board .. way way better compared to the Asrock! No USB KVM issue thing! It also boots faster too

Thank you again for your help Toleda!

Attachments

• MatchedOnboard-1-DSDT.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IOREG-Onboard1.zip
    415.8 KB · Views: 68
However, after changing it and matching it both onboard-1, I still don't have sound over HDMI. I also tried both onboard-2 and still the same.
What are the two displays and what ports are they connected?

What are the two displays and what ports are they connected?

1 - the old 20 inch Apple cinema display lcd connected to dvi.

2 - 46 inch samsung led tv connected to hdmi

Thanks!

Disconnect DVI, restart and reply with a new IOReg.

I will let you know as soon i get home. (In about 3 hours)

Thanks for your help

Disconnect DVI, restart and reply with a new IOReg.

Hey Toleda,

Good news!

As per your suggestion, I had to unplug the DVI and restarted the machine. After a restart, I now have audio over HDMI. So I was assuming that if I reconnect the DVI back, I would lose it again.

To my surprise, it now detects everything perfectly. I have dual display with extended desktop and I have an option of HDMI over audio in the options.

So everything works now! It looks like I just had to boot as only HDMI once then replug everything back (DVI). After doing that, everything is fine now. Even if I reboot as DVI only then replug HDMI, it gets detected. Pretty nice.

Thanks for your help boss!

Just incase you are interested, I will attach the IOReg with just HDMI + IOReg with HDMI + DVI but working.

Attachments

• NewIORegHDMIOnly.zip
    449.5 KB · Views: 67
  • NewIOREGdualdisplayWorking.zip
    490.8 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back