Contribute
Register

avoid using a monitor with hdmi/vga cables and transmit video via airplay apple tv only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac
CPU
Graphics
ati
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys

I really would like to avoid using a monitor altogether with hdmi or vga cables. I would ideally like to airplay stream the video wirelessly via my apple tv 3rd gen to my sony tv.

Reasons for this is - for 1 my hackintosh sits behind my sofa and if what i intend to do is possible means just the 1 power cable is all i need in terms of wires. and secondly i dont have to mess about with enabling hdmi audio etc. so far my hackintosh works completely out of the box with exception to the audio driver only.

has anyone achieved this? on my macbook pro airplay automatically suspends or turns off after some inactivity.

by the way i have the diy apple bluetooth module so i dont have any issues with sleep or wake etc whilst using my apple wireless keyboard + trackpad.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
omar.

I would go for HDMI, it more stable and you have less latency.

hey warjack. yea hdmi route is an option but i really want native out of the box video, audio.

i think the issue im going to have is that from my limited knowledge airplay auto disconnects after a certain period of inactivity. if this wasnt the case i would just hibernate my hackintosh and not have a worry.

unless anybody else has any other ideas?

i want my hackintosh completely hidden behind my sofa with just 1 power wire and nothing else. thats my aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back