Contribute
Register

Avid Media Composer 6 (or even 5.5.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the audio plugins go in: /Library/Application Support/Digidesign

and delete or move the audio plugins, leave only the one with avid name, restart your hackintosh and all will work fine.

Thanks! Will try this if I get stuck again in the future. I just ended up uninstalling 6.5 and reinstalling 6.0 since 6.5 was giving me issues and I needed to make deadline.

I recently built a Hackintosh for editing on Media Composer. So far everything works 100% and it's much faster than the current Mac Pro I'm editing on at work. I was quite surprised how easy it actually was setting this up.
I'm using MC 5.5.3 because I don't think MC 6 is quite ready for feature film editing. I'm using Lion 10.7.4. I have an old Mojo box which works fine and am planning on getting Matrox MXO2 mini later on for HD work.
I am currently working on a film on my rig which is loaded in HD but the Mojo down-converts to SD just fine.

The rig:
Motherboard -
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU -
Intel i7-2600K
GPU -
Gigabyte HD 6870 OC 1GB
RAM -
8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
SSD -
OCZ Vertex3 Max IOPS
HD -
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Optical Drive -
Sony Optiarc
Firewire 800/400 card -
DeLock 89106
WiFi -
TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Case -
Corsair Obsidian 650D

Have you had a chance to test your Matrox Mini? I will be plugging mine in later this week but was hesitant because I needed to finish a current job while the system was working.

How well do these kinds of rigs handle Canon DSLR h.264 footage via AMA?

How well do these kinds of rigs handle Canon DSLR h.264 footage via AMA?

I'd just transcode it to DNx to be honest, I'd never trust a project with only AMA linked media, even on a real mac.

Also, if you are using AMA and you lose a link somewhere, Avid 6 comes up with an error message saying "the application binary is corrupted, please reinstall the system". This is fixed by closing and reopening the Avid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back