I5 3230m
Graphics
Hd 4000/ 7650 hd
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I was wondering is there a way to automatically use less energy when on battery? For example automatically reduce brightness ?

system prefs>energy saver

Well in system prefs > energy saver > battery the option to slightly dim the display is already activated but it doesn't seem to do that when on battery

Mine does it, what method are you using for screen brightness?

Im pretty sure the older methods with pro book installer, or the newer methods introduced recently should allow it to work anyway.

When I unplug my power supply, within 2 seconds the screen dims, only very slightly mind you, but its an obvious reduction in brightness all the same.

*from full brightness, it drops three bars when removing power supply.

Im pretty sure the older methods with pro book installer, or the newer methods introduced recently should allow it to work anyway.

When I unplug my power supply, within 2 seconds the screen dims, only very slightly mind you, but its an obvious reduction in brightness all the same.

it works only when already being on mavericks and removing ac

This works when you unplug the ac while being on desktop of macosx.

But if you boot with battery only the brightness if full and no dim is happening at all .

Anyone knows why?

This works when you unplug the ac while being on desktop of macosx.

But if you boot with battery only the brightness if full and no dim is happening at all .

Anyone knows why?

Use your brightness keys to adjust brightness. If you have nvram enabled correctly, the previous brightness level will be restored on a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back