CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770 4 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just checked the "Automatically hide and show menu bar" in the System Preferences General tab.

Most of the time the menu bar won't reveal when I go to the top of the screen. The workaround I found is switching between apps using command-tab and then only, going to the top of the screen reveals the menu bar.

This is quite annoying and I wonder if someone already has seen this problem and a solution for it.

Do you use multiple monitors? See if Mission Control has "Displays have separate Spaces" checked on.

Thank you for your answer Bob, I don't have multiple monitors but I use a Cintiq instead of a classic screen.

"Separate spaces" was on, so I deselected it and restarted the computer, I'll tell you if the problem happens again.

edit :

I noticed that I have a similar problem in Houdini, sometimes the keyboard isn't working in the viewport, switching apps with command-tab and going back into Houdini fixes the problem.

Last edited:
Hello, so after quite some time I still have this problem. Maybe it's less often or I just get used to it but it's still there, so if you have any other suggestions of what I could do, it's welcome.

Thanks!

Perhaps the Cintiq has screen size adjustment setting that might have the menu too high, just thinking out loud...

Thanks for your input!
I just figured out that I hadn't the latest Wacom driver, so I updated, I'll let you know if this changes anything.

So a few days after the update, nothing changed. But I went to the Wacom settings and saw that I have two unchecked boxes in the Display Toggle view, think that might be the source of the problem ?

- Force Proportions
- Use Inset Area

(I just checked them before the screen capture, wondering if that might change something)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 16.22.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 16.22.35.png
    147 KB · Views: 77
Uh, not encouraging then. I Didn't thought about the Wacom forum, thinking it was just a hackintosh problem, I'll try that.

Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back