Contribute
Register

Automatically enable Dedicated graphic card for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Proobook 4740s, HP Proobook 4540s
CPU
Core i7 3632QM, Core I5 3230M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 1 GB, ATI Readon 7650 2gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
First of all a bundle of thanks for your great efforts :clap:. I am new to trying hackintosh and this is my first post here. I have purchased HP Probook 4740s core i7, and Hackintoshed it by following amazing sticky guide of RehabMan. And then made it dual boot. Every seems to be working fine except wifi (i know need to change card now).

I had disabled ATI Radeon dedicated graphic card, as it doesn't work Mac OS. But now whenever I boot for Windows, I have to manually enable graphic card in BIOS. Isn't there any solution for this? So that graphic card should be automatically enable for Windows and disable for Mac OS.

Hi,
First of all a bundle of thanks for your great efforts :clap:. I am new to trying hackintosh and this is my first post here. I have purchased HP Probook 4740s core i7, and Hackintoshed it by following amazing sticky guide of RehabMan. And then made it dual boot. Every seems to be working fine except wifi (i know need to change card now).

I had disabled ATI Radeon dedicated graphic card, as it doesn't work Mac OS. But now whenever I boot for Windows, I have to manually enable graphic card in BIOS. Isn't there any solution for this? So that graphic card should be automatically enable for Windows and disable for Mac OS.

The solution is to enable it in BIOS and disable it in OS X with DSDT/SSDT patch.

See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118047-help-disable-hd-7650m-dsdt.html

Is there any way to do this for clover. Or are we really forced out of a decent graphics card?

Do what with Clover? Disable Radeon in DSDT/SSDT? Yes, the same solution works with Clover with the details of how you install the patched DSDT/SSDT being different (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Do what with Clover? Disable Radeon in DSDT/SSDT? Yes, the same solution works with Clover with the details of how you install the patched DSDT/SSDT being different (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

I see.

The way nguyenmac worded this post, it seemed like if a system had a radeon card in it at all, then wasn't supported. :/ Good to know we can still simply disable them.

The guide is for:
- 6-series laptop: HP Probook 4x30s, 6x60b, Elitebook 8x60p, 2x60p using 6-series chipset
- 7-series laptop: HP Probook 4x40s, 4x0, 6x70b, Elitebook 8x70p, 2x70p using 7-series chipset.
*Only HP Elitebook/Probook 6xx0b without Radeon card is supported

I see.

The way nguyenmac worded this post, it seemed like if a system had a radeon card in it at all, then wasn't supported. :/ Good to know we can still simply disable them.

You missed this:
Code:
* HP Probook 4xx0s with/without Radeon card is supported

If your laptop is neither HP Elitebook nor Probook 6xx0b, it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back