Contribute
Register

AudioEnabler - Patcher for Onboard & HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AudioEnabler - Patcher for Onboard & HDMI - TESTERS NEEDED

Stork said:
azzilla said:
...well.. my DSDT is fully working (i can compile it) until i copy paste the code submitted by Tony.

I get the compile errors from the the lines in Tony's code. I think I doing something wrong though.
Experience has taught me that when I copy from one application to another w/o copy & pasting into a (pure) text editor, I get extra (invisible) characters.

Try copying the code again, but this time into a TextEdit window that you've "Make Plain Text" (Format menu item). Then copy from the TextEdit into your DSDT. This "trick" uses TextEdit like NotePad.

Dunno if this helps or not, but it can't hurt to try.

Worked! :thumbup:

Thanko

I have followed the updated guide and managed to compile my DSDT.

I changed the NVCAP and code below to match my motherboard:

Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

I also disabled the graphic enabler. During boot i get a bunch of errors while it tries to detect the hdmi audio. Errors all end with .cpp extention.

The system starts fine and graphics work perfectly without graphics enabler but there is no option for hdmi audio.

Any ideas what is causing these boot error ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stork said:
Experience has taught me that when I copy from one application to another w/o copy & pasting into a (pure) text editor, I get extra (invisible) characters.

Try copying the code again, but this time into a TextEdit window that you've "Make Plain Text" (Format menu item). Then copy from the TextEdit into your DSDT. This "trick" uses TextEdit like NotePad.

Dunno if this helps or not, but it can't hurt to try.
Nothing of that worked for me. Only selecting the code and drag&drop it onto my desktop (will create a textclip) and then drag&drop that textclip into DSDTSE editor works w/o any errors. Give it a shot

Been working on this all day, probably read all of the threads & installed 1/2 dozen times, nothing seems to be able to get HDMI sound to work and I have the identical boot errors that a handful of others are facing.

I have attached my dsdt which I have edited to add the code from post # 1, and disabled graphicsEnabler in boot.plist, and my graphics car is working well and now reports the correct 1GB ram size whereas previously it reported 512MB.

I am now completely out of ideas, and would appreciate if someone could have a look at my dsdt and let me know if i've messed something up.

Does anyone else have the GT430 audio working on the GA-H55N-USB3 ? - and if so can you let me have your dsdt and appleHDA.kexts so that I can try them on my box ??

Cheers

P

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 157

Hi,
this is my first post so... thanks to all for the great job!
I read many topic about audio, hdaenabler, hdmi audio ecc., but these are always referring to ALCXXX onboard audio... why?
Other codec are not supported yet?
I want to share with you my experience and my hackintosh configuration:

Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on: ASUS P7P55D EVO motherboard, ATI HD 5770 graphics, Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, VIA VT1828 onboard audio codec, Realtek ethernet device (integrated), old Maxtor ATA HD (Snow Leopard), Seagate SATA HD 1TB.

I use DSDT.aml in my /EXTRA folder, I'm using .rom image and GraphicsEnabler=yes in boot.plist for the graphic, ANVAL bootloader (Pstates and Cstates ok), sleep ok, speedstep ok. I added in my DSDT common patch (IRQNoFlags, _WAK, HPET, RTC ecc.), and in a second time I successfully added GFXO and HDAU patch for HDMI audio (my monitor is SAMSUNG TV connected via HDMI). This is the point I want to understand: thanks to these 2 patch I got HDMI audio but I'm forced to remove VoodooHDA.kext (KP) and I lost onboard audio. I added HDEF patch in my DSDT but the only thing I get is to display audio information in system profiler but without see any audio device in my system preferences. I don't understand if with my onboard audio is possible patch AppleHDA.kext (if yes how?) and added correct information in HDEF part or not.

Thank you and sorry for the long post!

I just got my ECS GeForce G210 Silent working! By using the 10.6.2 AppleHDA with 10.6.6 OS, I now have full video and HDMI audio. The card is a bit finicky, and wants the DVI plugged in to work. I haven't been able to figure that part out, and any help as to why this is happening would be appreciated! It also reports 2 HDMI devices (assumably thinking the DVI port also has an HDMI channel?), but fully supports all audio formats and works when one of them is selected.

The steps I took to enable this card:
1. Removing ALL enablers/injectors
2. Editing a vanilla AppleHDA from 10.6.2 and replacing my device ID (0B00DE10) from the standard for HDMI audio (0A00DE10).
3. Installing this with permissions fix.
4. Graphics injection with HDAU fix for the card in DSDT.
5. Restart and enjoy!

DSH

Hey Forum
This is my first post, but I have been using this forum for quite some time.
For all who have the system in my signature:
I have a fully working system.
I edited my dsdt as per tonymac's post to incorporate my gt430, and now it detects my video card as a nvidia gt430.
I then installed tonymac's nvidia driver which enabled me to changed my resolutions.
I installed the HDMI audio enabler but it seems to do nothing. I don't get a kernel panic just nothing.
When I installed multibeast I didn't select any audio kexts because I thought it might interfere with the HDMI audio enabler.
Any suggestions would be great!

Attachments

• GA-H55N-USB3-F5-GT430.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 114

Trying the HDMI Audio Enabler, and I believe I configured my DSDT correctly. I added HDAU and the GT430 code from the first post and installed Audio Enabler. The only thing I've noticed different after restarting is that now playing audio through my Optical audio like jumps or skips every 15-30 seconds or so.

Attached is my edited DSDT. If anyone could give me some pointers.

GraphicsEnabler is off I'm using my boot.plist to get full video acceleration from my card. Could that be interfering? Thanks!

EDIT:FIXED
So I started playing around with DSDT some more and figured out that I had it wrong before. I following your Advanced nVidia graphics guide and changed my nvcap. Removed my EFI string and rebooted. Now I'm back to square one regarding full acceleration. Do I have to not have any EFI strings for the AudioEnabler to work? I'll post my EFI string question somewhere more appropiate if I can find a spot. Attached is my newly revised DSDT

EDIT(2):
I now have my DSDT working perfectly minus HDMI Audio. Attached is my fully working DSDT. Any suggestions for getting AudioEnabler to work?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    19.3 KB · Views: 138

I have the same results as CarolinaJones.

Modified and replaced DSDT for my MSI GTX460 1Gb.
Switched GraphicsEnabler to NO.
Applied AudioEnabler.

Now video card working much more stable which is a great improvement!
HDMI-audio is still unavailable. Furthermore I have only working optical SPDIF port and non of all other output/input audio ports of on-board audio. I guess the last issue is due to 888b and 10.6.4 AppleHDA problems.

Also Toleda was asking CarolinaJones:
what is the "IOHDACodecVendorID" in the four instances of IOHDACodecDevice@0,1,1 - 4?
Since I have identical results and data in IORegistryExplorer I can say that all 4 values are identical and equal to 0x10de0012

Thank you Tony and all the people helping us on a way to perfection! :)

Attachments

• P55M-UD2_F11+GTX460-1Gb+HDMI.dsl
    187.8 KB · Views: 116

Thanks for all the feedback- toleda and I are working on a new beta that should work much better. Should be out soon. :ugeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back