Contribute
Register

AudioEnabler - Patcher for Onboard & HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
PJALM said:
HDEF is allready in my DSDT file, I just have no clue where the HDMI code is suppose to go.

Sorry, must have looked at a different dsdt. For PEGP, try adding "Nvidia_GE=Y-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete" at the line before Device (P0P1).

PJALM said:
Does it matter that there is allready a GFX0 in my DSDT?
Yes, it does matter. Two choices with DSDTSE, apply one or the other:
1. In the original dsdt, Search: GFX0, Replace: IGPU
2. In the HDMI audio edit, Search GFX0, Replace: GFX1

OK i will take another look once I get OS X reinstalled (Don't know how to fix it). I don't remember seeing anything called IGPU though. I am not to familiar with these DSDT files yet, a lot of it don't make sense to me. I just have a patch file someone made for me that I can apply to an extracted DSDT and it works great.

PJALM said:
OK i will take another look once I get OS X reinstalled (Don't know how to fix it). I don't remember seeing anything called IGPU though. I am not to familiar with these DSDT files yet, a lot of it don't make sense to me. I just have a patch file someone made for me that I can apply to an extracted DSDT and it works great.
We have to use a name that is not already in the dsdt. IGPU is what Apple uses for integrated graphics.

(Sorry for my English with a Russian accent))) ;)
Tony, thanks for the manual. HDMI has started to function proreply and is now  displayed in settings and reports. The mic is working and displayed everywhere as well. However, other ports of the motherboard are displayed, but produce no audio.

Attaching a file again and hope to get help.
Thank you once again,
Regards

Attachments

• LOG_DSDT_and screenshots.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 91
  • ????????? ???????.png
    ????????? ???????.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 195
  • HDMI.png
    HDMI.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 177
  • ????????.png
    ????????.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 209
  • ?????????? Audio-MIDI.png
    ?????????? Audio-MIDI.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 178
pirat.ca said:
Attaching a file again and hope to get help.
Thank you once again,
Regards
I assume you are running 10.7.3.
The AppleHDA.kext/ALC8xxHDA.kext is the problem. Delete both. Install 889 optimized AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. Verify 889 onboard audio is working.

Apply the GT240 edits describe to AppleHDA.kext as described for HDMI audio http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32041. Verify 889 on board and GT240 HDMI audio.

Note: There is conflict with Nvidia HDMI audio and 10.7.2. If you boot to a black screen and/or a reboot, reboot with GE=N and install the 889 optimized AppleHDA.kext (without the GT 240 edits).

Reply with IOReg.

toleda said:
I assume you are running 10.7.3.
The AppleHDA.kext/ALC8xxHDA.kext is the problem. Delete both. Install 889 optimized AppleHDA.kext http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413. Verify 889 onboard audio is working.

Apply the GT240 edits describe to AppleHDA.kext as described for HDMI audio http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32041. Verify 889 on board and GT240 HDMI audio.

Reply with IOReg.
IOReg
My IOReg for HDAU, Note device-id differs from the example HexEdit/Replace: de 10 ?? ??. There is no de 10 .. .. I've tried to replace, but it still doesn't work
toleda said:
1. Run IOReg - Skip to Step 3, if you have HDMI Audio Device_id.
2. Search HDAU, Note device-id, this your HDMI Audio Device_id.
3. Edit AppleHDAController binary:
a. HexEdit/Find: de 10 ea 0b HexEdit/Replace: de 10 ?? ?? 4 Times.
toleda, please help me sort out the issue. Attaching screenshots taken in Windows for they differ from IOReg in MacOS and 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2_kext.
Thank you in advance for help.
Regards

Attachments

• HDAU.png
    HDAU.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IOHDACodecDevice@0.png
    [email protected]
    89.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Windows_png_&_AppleHDA.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
pirat.ca said:
IOReg
My IOReg for HDAU, Note device-id differs from the example HexEdit/Replace: de 10 ?? ??. There is no de 10 .. .. I've tried to replace, but it still doesn't work

toleda, please help me sort out the issue. Attaching screenshots taken in Windows for they differ from IOReg in MacOS and 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2_kext.
I see no differences:
In AppleHDAController binary
HexEdit Find: de 10 ea 0b
it is there

In AppleHDA binary
HexEdit Find: 14 00 de 10
it is there

GT 240 HDMI device_ids
de 10 e4 0b
0d 00 de 10
OSX and Windows have the same values.

What is the problem?
Does 889 on board audio work?
Reply with a copy of IOReg (Screensjots are not helpful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back