RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Folks, I updated to Catalina 10.15.1 but, but my audio and USB are not working correctly.
My Build:
ROG Z370G
i7-8700k
Saphire RX580
32GB GSkill RIPJAWS
Eisbaer AIO

Everything was working perfectly in Mojave. I have the following kexts & settings below (pic). Any Ideas how to fix this.
I followed @pastrychef latest instructions on creating the USBports kext with Hackintool but still no success.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 6.11.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 6.10.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 6.08.17 PM.png

Last edited:
Are those all the kexts you have in your EFI kext folder? I reckon you have a few unnecessary kext in there like Lilu Friend.kext and NoVPAJpeg.kext, the function of these are now included in the WhateverGreen.kext. Also noticed in your config.plist, Audio is set to 'Inject No' a value is needed here for audio to work.

Last edited:
Are those all the kexts you have in your EFI kext folder? I reckon you have a few unnecessary kext in there like Lilu Friend.kext and NoVPAJpeg.kext, the function of these are now included in the WhateverGreen.kext. Also noticed in your config.plist, Audio is set to 'Inject No' a value is needed here for audio to work.
I removed the kexts and added the values. Got it to show the HDMI outputs, still w/no audio and the MB outputs are still not showing. Below is what it looks like now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.26.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 7.26.03 PM.png
    438.4 KB · Views: 46
I removed the kexts and added the values. Got it to show the HDMI outputs, still w/no audio and the MB outputs are still not showing. Below is what it looks like now.

I suggest you try different values in 'Audio' - e.g on my board I started off with value '1' but noticed a rise and fall in volume output so I injected a value of '7' and it is now very stable. See what value other members with your board are using also if possible try other ports other than HDMI like DVI on the board.
Most times it's trial and error to see what works best. Good luck.

Very important all kexts must be latest versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back