1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So here's the issue I have. My build is as follows:

GA-Z77x-UD5H
3.4 GHZ i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB

Last night I updated my 10.8.4 build to 10.8.5 (unfortunately using Apple Store rather than a combo). I lost audio at first, but after running the latest MultiBeast and rebooting the sound came back and everything else seems fine.

I have only noticed one issue - I am not sure if it occurred on 10.8.4 or if it started after the update (it's a very recent build): every two or so minutes the audio stutters slightly in a combination of a gap in sound delivery and a static click. This happens both when streaming videos from Vimeo and playing video files from the HDD as well as during the iTunes playback of sound files.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Following one of the threads here, I replugged my headphones jack to the black socket instead of the green one and the issue seems to have gone away. Black is typically back speakers in a surround system - this doesn't seem to affect the quality of casual listening.

Today I noticed the same issue on my desktop, when I want to play any sound, all I hear is crappy sound, mixed with noise, but for now it happens only when I play something in Chrome, there is no such problem in Firefox and Safari. I think I'll make a fresh install these days, it's about time (10.8.2 install, updated accordingly to 10.8.3, 10.8.4 and now to 10.8.5).

Edit: I found the source of my problem - it seems the latest Pepper Flash plugin, included in Chrome, doesn't play well with the latest AppleHDA.kext 2.4.7 (no problems at all with the kext in MultiBeast, which is from OS X 10.8.4). Opened the Chrome plugin settings (chrome:plugins), disabled the bundled Pepper Flash plugin and enabled the Flash plugin for Mozilla and haven't had such issues since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back