Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X
CPU
i7 4.2Ghz Kaby
Graphics
GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I have working audio, but it has a strange alien-sounding static to it. The more my processor works, the stranger the sound.
Audio works from Motherboard port (Green), and also from USB FiiO box.

Build:
i7 Kaby Lake
Gigabyte Z270x - UD5 Gaming
Sierra 10.12.6
GTX 1060
AppleALC.kext, Realtek RTL8111.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

I've searched around but couldn't find any topic with the same issue and build.

Probably it's not a drive or system issue, it's because the noisy electronic environment in your computer box. You will hear these hum, buzz if you are using a sensitive headphone or speakers. I am using my usb cable linking dac and pc output to amp and speaker. I have the same problem.
Thinking of getting a shiit audio eitr to solve it.

Probably it's not a drive or system issue, it's because the noisy electronic environment in your computer box. You will hear these hum, buzz if you are using a sensitive headphone or speakers. I am using my usb cable linking dac and pc output to amp and speaker. I have the same problem.
Thinking of getting a shiit audio eitr to solve it.

Thank you for the insight. But if you're already using an amp, how would the Schitt help? Isn't it basically an amp as well?

I have working audio, but it has a strange alien-sounding static to it. The more my processor works, the stranger the sound.
Audio works from Motherboard port (Green), and also from USB FiiO box.

Build:
i7 Kaby Lake
Gigabyte Z270x - UD5 Gaming
Sierra 10.12.6
GTX 1060
AppleALC.kext, Realtek RTL8111.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

I've searched around but couldn't find any topic with the same issue and build.
if you have the voodoohda in you settings go in there and set input gain to 0

if you have the voodoohda in you settings go in there and set input gain to 0
Thank you for the reply! One of my other issues is that I cannot get voodoohda to load. I see it in my Application folder but when launched, does nothing. It doesn't show up in my preferences either.

Hey guys, I found the solution. Really easy as it was a power/hardware issue. Bought the Hum X from Amazon to ground the computer. All clear.

Hey guys, I found the solution. Really easy as it was a power/hardware issue. Bought the Hum X from Amazon to ground the computer. All clear.
I would agree and buy that solution; however if I boot into windows no audio noise at all. In El Capitan the hum is louder then the audio source.

I would agree and buy that solution; however if I boot into windows no audio noise at all. In El Capitan the hum is louder then the audio source.

I've only experienced this issue with Gigabyte boards (first Gaming 5/7, then UD5-TH), with my studio monitors running through an Apollo Twin Thunderbolt interface. Didn't experience the issue in-between when using an ASUS Z170-PRO board, and the issue doesn't take place in Windows (on any board).

It's not noticeable in the latest configuration (UD5-TH), but just annoying knowing it is there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back