Contribute
Register

Audio Problem on Z77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, 1TB WD Green series, 120Gb Kingston Hyper X, 16GB G.Skill @1600Mhz
CPU
3570K i5 @ 3.8Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey forums, I had an older post that didn't get any hits. Guess I put it in the wrong area on the forums :/ anyways, after I have installed Lion 10.7.2 (on my Z77-DS3H + i5 3570K Ivy Bridge build), everything works fine except the audio... I've tried quite a bit of options for audio but nothing seems to work. If somebody could point me into the right area, it's be greatly appriciated! Thanks in advance guys!

Did you try the Toleda Patched ALC887 kext from Multi Beast? Do you have a DSDT for that MOBO?

pablobtown said:
I have installed Lion 10.7.2 (on my Z77-DS3H + i5 3570K Ivy Bridge build), everything works fine except the audio...
Z77-DS3H/887 working audio, see 1st post 887_Lion_AppleHDA.
At this time, no MultiBeast audio choice supports Ivy Bridge/887 audio.

I thought maybe I had tried that, maybe I'm just missing a step. How exactly would I go among "installing" this? Like the whole process, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right. Thanks!!

pablobtown said:
I thought maybe I had tried that, maybe I'm just missing a step. How exactly would I go among "installing" this? Like the whole process, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right. Thanks!!

I did install the dsts for the z77 ds3h from the database and checked these settings for audio. after multibeast i had to install this kext via kextbeast. next boot everything worked fine :) , except for noise reduction for the mic ... :crazy:
how%20to.png

I just tried that. I went to the http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061 you directed me too and downloaded the Attachment 1 file. Downloaded DSDT file from Database put both on desktop. Ran Multibeast with your exact check boxes. Then ran Kextbeast and rebooted. I got nothing... :banghead:

u downloaded the ALC8xxHDA.kext.zip file right? its the third one. and ur on bios version F3 ?

Just checked BIOS version I'm running F2... didn't realize that... and no i downloaded the 1st attachment ill try again by deleting everything i just installed and redoing the whole process and if that doesn't work ill try a BIOS update.... Sound good?
Thank you guys so much for helping me out quickly!!

OMG..... I love these forums.... I don't know what it is.... But things always end up working!!!! :D THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! I am now perfectly content.....

Can you check to see if your mute is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back