Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hardware : gigabyte Z170X-gaming 5 - i7 6700
i installed kexts for ALC 1150 and HDMI audio HD 530 but no sound
i didn't try VoodooHDA (because some tells it sucks)
what would you advice me to do ? do i have to remove these kexts ? which ones ? (name)

Last edited:
Hey,
just had the same problem. Fixed it by also installing the Kext from Multibeast that's enabling Audio for 100 series Motherboards. Additionally I had to open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and after mounting the EFI partition going into the Boot Tab and checking kext-dev-mode=1.
Maybe works for you, too. Not guarantees though.

Last edited:
Hey,
well that's weird. The new peripherals also came up when I did that and choosing the Internal Speakers gave me sound. Also, when I plugged in headphones, Mac OS X would recognize them and I could use them.
About the link: No Idea, sorry. I mean it's just an explanation of a kext really, right? That they say it's obsolete is weird as it worked for me....

Seems to work. On the back of the case, the rear output gives correct sound, on the front, the headphones output gives correct sound. The headphones output on the back gives only cracklings with speakers. Maybe this is not a perfect result but nice. Lots of progress. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hey,
just had the same problem. Fixed it by also installing the Kext from Multibeast that's enabling Audio for 100 series Motherboards. Additionally I had to open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and after mounting the EFI partition going into the Boot Tab and checking kext-dev-mode=1.
Maybe works for you, too. Not guarantees though.
I have the same problem. I tried the above and it did not work. There is nothing displayed in my Audio MIDI setup

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.26.31 AM.png

[UPDATE] headphone jack is working now and several other audio devices displayed. Still don't have sound from the motherboard (Gigabyte z170x gaming 5 LGA 1551). I followed the guide "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/before-you-install-audio-desktop-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/" though the only extra step it guided me to do was the SIP disable. Pretty sure nothing else different.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 4.34.26 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.26.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 2.26.31 AM.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 4.34.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 4.34.26 AM.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back