Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My audio (using my mobo sound card) is only on or off. The volume level is the same regardless of how high or low I adjust the volume, unless I turn it all the way down.

Is there a fix for this?

I'm not sure about the audio, but I do have a question for you. How did you do your install? I have that exact motherboard and can't get iBoot to even boot up. I'd be very interested in in your install method. If I can get mine installed I'll try to test the audio and see what I get.

Other questions, which audio drivers did you use?

tofuconfetti said:
I'm not sure about the audio, but I do have a question for you. How did you do your install? I have that exact motherboard and can't get iBoot to even boot up. I'd be very interested in in your install method. If I can get mine installed I'll try to test the audio and see what I get.

Other questions, which audio drivers did you use?

I have a P5Q Pro Turbo. I just used the iBoot Supported disc offered from this site and tonymac's tutorial. It was so simple to use, I had to donate.

I pulled out all of my extra ram, leaving just 4GB. I removed all of my USB peripherals, except my keyboard and mouse. I left just one monitor connected. The only HDD I had in my computer was the one I was installing Snow Leopard on.

Once Snow Leopard was installed, I ran multi-beast. After that I reinstalled my hardware, one piece at a time, so I could identify in troublesome components. Fortunately, everything worked with my install.

jeepguy_1980 said:
My audio (using my mobo sound card) is only on or off. The volume level is the same regardless of how high or low I adjust the volume, unless I turn it all the way down.

Is there a fix for this?

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd post the solution that I found.

For the P5Q Pro Turbo using the VIA VT1708S sound card. The solution is to use the attached kext, which I found here.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext_.zip
    153.2 KB · Views: 68
Thanx for the update!! Just fixed this annoying audio glitch on my asus p7p55-e lx
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back