XFX 6870 1GB Dual-Fan
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I installed the alc8xx files using the latest multibeast, but that didn't work, so I decided to install only the alc889 kext (because it worked for me before I had to reinstall mac) but before I did that, I wanted to remove the kexts I installed before. So I looked in the Library/Extension folder, but there are no files there at all, even though multibeast says that they have been installed.

Is there anything I have to do to be able to see the kexts

Ps. I'm running 10.7.3

its
/System/Library/Extensions check in there

I suppose that with system you mean my hard drive?
The steps i go thru are going to my hdd, then i click on library, and then on extensions.

Is that not the right way?

I suppose that with system you mean my hard drive?
The steps i go thru are going to my hdd, then i click on library, and then on extensions.

Is that not the right way?

I went through this last week.

I couldn't get it to work til I did the combo update to 10.7.4. Then applied the Patched AppleHDA/ALC889 from Multibeast 4.6.1 (toleda's kexts). Remove all ALC and enabler kexts, you don't need them.
Getting HDMI audio after that was also trivial if that's your sort of thing

If this works, thank toleda as he helped me out last week.

As for seeing the kexts, open finder and press apple-key+up a number of times. This will take you to the top level. Then double click your hard drive and navigate to system/library/extensions.
There is a library directory in your home folder (hidden by default) which is the incorrect one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back