Graphics
radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a i5-2400 sandy bridge on a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 mb running 10.6.8. Everything is up and running except audio and sleep mode. Using Multibeast I get system profiler to show the correct audio, but system preferences does not give me any audio output devices. I also have a ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card installed but it is currently recognized as ATI Radeon 5000 series. I have tried to read every thread on this mb to configure but nothing has got the audio working

Do not forget to select AppleHDA rollback in multibeast (read post below regarding audio + DSDT)
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9928

run multibeast and select GraphicsEnabler=Yes for the system to recognize the proper 5770 card and loading correct frame buffer. Read post below and it explains how frame buffer is doing loaded by Chimera via GraphicsEnabler.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798

Or in /Extra
modify com.apple.Boot.plist and following string. (This is same as run multi beast and select GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

thanks, I tried it again using a custom dsdt and it worked, thanks for advice on getting graphics card working, but the last thing is the sleep mode, the computer goes to sleep fine but it will not wake back up. that's the last major bug in the system.

I'm thinking of building a system with that motherboard. Can you tell if the optical-out audio works?

Works for me.. Make sure you use a UserDSDT from the database.. I have the same motherboard as you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back