Contribute
Register

AUDIO not working!! GA-H67M-D2-B3 (rev 1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro 2008
CPU
Intel Core I5-2400
Graphics
ATI HD6670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
AUDIO not working!! GA-H67M-D2-B3 (rev 1.1) Lion 10.7
building customac #2

everything is working apart form audio i have tried everything i can find online to get the audio working but no such luck so far could some one post the steps or correct kext to get it working would be much appreciated I've tried

"for (rev 1.1) using dsdt , run multi beast check system utilities \alc8xx \apple hda rollback run reboot ."

posted by hacman but didn't work :/ i may have missed deleting something along the line or not installed the right kext new to hackintosh any help would be appreciated thanks

• delete all kext's first from E/E, S/L/E double check everywhere

repair permissions/update cache

reboot

Check your BIOS settings, make sure your azalia is set to AUTO

reinstall

reboot

I found two ways to enable sound on my motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3). It depended on whether I chose a prebuilt DSDT from the database or I used auto-patcher to compile my own DSDT. For the prebuilt DSDT the Alc8xx and HDA rollback kexts from Multibeast sufficed. But when I used autopatcher I had to enable the HDAEnabler889.kext as well although it is usually only necessary if you don't have a DSDT at all. Worth a try?

I have a DSDT so I will try deleting kext and reinstall thanks for your help which kext do I delete don't wanna miss any/ delete the wrong ones cheers for all your help

I'm having the same issue with audio, although it was working when I first installed Lion, and then on reboot the sound card disappeared and I can't get it back. On the documentation for my H67M-D2-B3, it states I have a 888b/889 codec. Is there any way to tell which one specifically I have?

I have tried the above methods to no avail.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

Ok Now this is weird. So i'm going to explain everything just as I did it, hope all the H67 mobo users can gleam something from this..

Downloaded the modified HDA kext from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29531

repaired permissions etc using Kext Utility

Rebooted

Installed above HDA kext using Kext Utility

Rebooted

Audio working as it should

Rebooted unticking 'reopen windows when logging back in'

Audio no longer works.

rebooted

repaired permissions using Kext Utility

rebooted

installed above HDA kext using Kext Utility again

Audio now working - left Spotify open, and restarted this time keeping 'reopen windows when logging back in' ticked

on reboot sound still working in Spotify.

Really weird. Difficult to explain what happened through type, but if anyone can try this let me know!

Hey idd

I have tried your guide, and thanks, but it didn't fix my issue. My first concern is that i'm not sure which version of the audio card this MOBO has. In the documentation is says it is an 888b/889 codec, so not sure which one specifically.

After following your instructions and other guides I get the same result. Attached are the screenshots from installing the 889 and 887/888b codecs separately. Both show ok in the system profiler, however in the system audio prefpane there is nothing.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 09.59.02.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 09.59.02.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 547
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 10.37.28.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 10.37.28.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 533
FINALLY got it working i used the first method of realtek 8xx driver and apple HDA rollback in multibeast and ran kext utility before and after i think during the first attempts i hadn't deleted one .kext file that i didn't notice but its all good everything is now working perfect

btw thanks to everyone on this site great help from buying to final set up

Glad to hear your above issue is fixed! :D

Mine is still going though... think I've tried every fix on this forum to sort out my audio issues, but still nothing. I really hope one of you great forum members will help me find a solution so I can finally get some sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back