Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
P67A-UD4-B3 rev. 1.1, ALC889
multibeast 3.9.1

I Already got the audio works, but i connected an iphone 4 and tried to sync with itunes, it got a ERROR and audio not work now. I tried to re-install the kext nothing happen. :banghead:
Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 6.41.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 6.41.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 6.41.01 PM.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 471
i had been trying a lot of configuration without result. for example:

I delete all of the following files:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler*.kext (yes, all of them)
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/LegacyHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxxHDA.kext

Do a repair kexts running System Utilities with MultiBeast 3.9.1 and then reboot. My system boot fine. But on my System profiler doesnt erase Audio ID: 889. Again do a repair kext, reboot and the same thing, it looks like my system is finding your audio device, but I cant use.

AFTER

I run the multibeast, install system utilities, with all kexts & Enablers of audio:
Realtek ALC8xx + AppleHDA Rollback+ all Non DSDT HDAEnabler. Reboot and in the system profiler appear AUDIO ID: 892, i dont know why it choose this, if it isnt my codec. Whatever do a repair kexts running System Utilities with MultiBeast 3.9.1, Reboot
and in the Sytem profiler appear: AUDIO ID: 889. WTF, why it return to this codec

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-19 at 10.03.24 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-19 at 10.03.24 AM.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 453
I re install all OS X. i think this isn´t a solution but now everything work fine

I have the same thing going on with my p67x-ud3-b3 board. Same symptoms except what set mine off was a mac software update (i believe it included itunes and ilife/iwork)

System is saying 892 audio when i have 889. I tried fresh install and narrowed it down to this latest software update (not 10.6.8 update, i software update) Running 10.6.8.

I would ignore it and use external sound card except online videos crash when my built in sound isn't set up properly.

Any ideas?

Just figured it out.

To get audio working initially on original install (after 10.6.8 Update) I used appleHDA, ALC8xxHDA and Non-dsdt HDA for 889. It was the only way I could get it to work.

After isoftware updates, computer recognized 892 like i said, so I searched out all HDA kexts and deleted all the ones that weren't appleHDA and 889HDA, ran system utilities in MB and now audio works again, as well as my youtube vids!

Hi,

this worked for me on a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard with 889.
I had to remove all kexts mentioned (I had a bunch of them with 882, 888, etc), reboot and run multibeast with system utilities and the kexts mentioned in the picture.

reboot and voila. Audio working including headphones on front of the case. :)

hi!
I'm noob and I'm on my first hackintosh machine.
I have this problem too.

I have DSDT and I did not flag ACL889 under Non-DSDT kext section.
Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back