Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Fixing audio latency/delay/lag in Source engine games

Edit:

So I was experiencing sound delays in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with the sound devices:

Realtek ALC892 (onboard) > driver installed with latest MultiBeast > significant sound delay, maybe 500ms or more
ELE Hi-Fi USB DAC EL-D01 > detected out of the box > less significant sound delay, but still noticeable

I tried to change the snd_mixahead setting using the console, but it was already set at the proper default value of 0.1.. Then I tried adding -snd_openal to launch options and that pretty much eliminates the sound delay, so if anyone else is having this issue with source engine games, just add -snd_openal to your launch.

Edit:

So I was experiencing sound delays in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with the sound devices:

Realtek ALC892 (onboard) > driver installed with latest MultiBeast > significant sound delay, maybe 500ms or more
ELE Hi-Fi USB DAC EL-D01 > detected out of the box > less significant sound delay, but still noticeable

I tried to change the snd_mixahead setting using the console, but it was already set at the proper default value of 0.1.. Then I tried adding -snd_openal to launch options and that pretty much eliminates the sound delay, so if anyone else is having this issue with source engine games, just add -snd_openal to your launch.

Confirming this helped. -snd_mixahead in start options.
GA-H55M-USB3
Multibeasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back