Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
GTX 1050TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all. This is my first build and so I've a couple of noob issues.

I can't get audio to work yet. I've taken people's advice and used Multibeast 4.6.1 to install "Patched AppleHDA --> 898 and nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898", but have had no success.

I've seen BIOS versions mentioned on here wrt this issue. I've just checked and my motherboard is on F4. Is this likely to be the cause of my issue? If so, how do I go about updating it? Can I do that through Mac OS, or will I have to use Windows?

Hello all. This is my first build and so I've a couple of noob issues.

I can't get audio to work yet. I've taken people's advice and used Multibeast 4.6.1 to install "Patched AppleHDA --> 898 and nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898", but have had no success.

I've seen BIOS versions mentioned on here wrt this issue. I've just checked and my motherboard is on F4. Is this likely to be the cause of my issue? If so, how do I go about updating it? Can I do that through Mac OS, or will I have to use Windows?

whats ur version lion or mountain lion ?

Mountain Lion. Couldn't get Unibeast running with Lion with my setup for some reason.

Mountain Lion. Couldn't get Unibeast running with Lion with my setup for some reason.

i think new multibeast is released.. Download it and then install it from there, UI will be good to go.

Thanks, have tried Multibeast 4.6.1 and the new 5.0.2 with no success. If it had worked, will it show up as normal in sound System Prefs, ie, built in line out?

Just in case anyone would find this useful, I had success in getting the audio working by updating my BIOS from F4 to F7, and then running Multibeast as described below.

Did this using the motherboard's built in Q-Flash utility which worked without a hitch, and so didn't even need to use Windows.

I have the same issue. I'm about to udpate my bios using your QFlash recommendation. Did you use Multibeast 5.0 or the older version you mentioned at the start of this forum?

You should use Multibeast 4.6.1 if you are on Lion, while Multibeast 5.0.2 on Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back