None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Howdy...

I'm on my first Hacintosh, and loving it. Had a fully working system thanks to this forum using a
GA-Z77X-UD5H, onboard graphics, basically setup exactly like the 'buyers guide' MacPro system.

Then I upgraded to OSX 10.8.4 Everything still works great, except I have no audio...

In the system report, it says 'Intel High Def Audio... Audio ID: 0"

I've tried most of the solutions that I have searched for here, including the "
Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA 2" patch. Didn't quite understand step 5, where it says "AudioID 898"... but installed it and no difference.

I'm on BIOS F14, so that seems up to date...

Can anyone else help me out here? The system is ideal with that exception...

THANKS! Really appreciate the help.

Ben

OK... I downloaded the newest multibeast and reinstalled the latest Realtek 898 drivers... Rebooted, and now my system won't boot, with a kernel panic! :(

HELP!!!

Best,

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

OK... I downloaded the newest multibeast and reinstalled the latest Realtek 898 drivers... Rebooted, and now my system won't boot, with a kernel panic! :(

HELP!!!

Best,

Ben

OK...

By booting with -f, i was able to get back to the desktop... Phew!

I removed the AppleHDA.kext from my SLE folder, and the system now boots again... but still no audio :(

Any ideas?

Best,

Ben

Alrighty....

I tried the 'Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA' again.... Copied it to my desktop and ran Kextbeast...

Now, in my system report, I have the Intel HDA listing..

It says "Audio ID: 1"

Then it has listings for all my inputs and outputs... so it seems like it's all there..

But in my System Prefs, under sound, it says "No output devices found"

Once again....HELP! :( What am I doing wrong?

Ben

Alrighty....

I tried the 'Interim_898_Lion_AppleHDA' again.... Copied it to my desktop and ran Kextbeast...

Now, in my system report, I have the Intel HDA listing..

It says "Audio ID: 1"

Then it has listings for all my inputs and outputs... so it seems like it's all there..

But in my System Prefs, under sound, it says "No output devices found"

Once again....HELP! :( What am I doing wrong?

Ben

Not sure if this will help you, but here it goes.

During OS update, I lost audio once in 10.8.x, all I did is re run multibeast, install only the 898 kext, it works on a reboot.

When I upgraded to mavericks, same thing happens, I did exact same thing and audio works.

Not sure if this will help you, but here it goes.

During OS update, I lost audio once in 10.8.x, all I did is re run multibeast, install only the 898 kext, it works on a reboot.

When I upgraded to mavericks, same thing happens, I did exact same thing and audio works.

Jojoxman,

I could seriously give you a mans hug if I saw you out in public. Good posts man. Much appreciated from the Buckeye State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back