Contribute
Register

Audio issue (ALC892, MSI Z68A-GD80, Lion 10.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z68A-GD80
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can't get ALC892 working on my MSI Z68A-GD80. I don't know how to manually make a DSDT, nor can I find one online.

I've tried a number of things:
1. VoodooHDA 0.2.2 - Works fine, except there's no autoswitching amongst the rear and front green audio-out ports, which is VERY annoying. There are 5 available outputs: Unknown, Headphones, SPDIF-out, SPDIF-out, Digital-out. There are 2 available outputs: Mic, Mic
2. VoodooHDA 0.2+ - Sort of works. LOTSSSS of hissing to where you can barely (if at all) hear anything. All of the outputs/inputs are properly named.
3. MultiBeast (ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC892 + System Utilities) - Reboot after -f -v gets too AppleHDA.kext, have to remove it to be able to boot up. Installed the stock AppleHDA.kext from the Lion installer, which did nothing regarding sound (although Intel High Definition Audio shows up twice in System Profiler).

While audio works fine using VoodooHDA 0.2.2, I want to get something that supports audio switching.

Any ideas?

Besweet

I have a similar system to yours, can you tell me the Kexts/patchs you are using?

Which installation method did you use?

Thanks

I have also a RealTek 892 audio on my Asus P8P67, and I only tried the AppleHDA Rollback + ALC892 kexts (and earlier I tried with the HDA Enabler, and then later I made a DSDT that eliminates the need for the HDA Enabler.

Currently my audio is working quite fine, autoswitching works, no hissing, but I don't seem to be able to get FrontPanel microphone work :S

I have the same problem

The funny thing is that the audio worked perfectly with Mac OS X 10.6.5 and the previous version of Multibeast (with the exact same option)

Hello, i recently bought this motherboard and could not get the sound to work. I tried a few different kexts and nothing would work. Finally i downloaded DSDTSE and extracted and compiled my DSDT.aml file following the guide on here. I applied the _WAK hack and recompiled it again. re-ran multibeast and selected user dsdt, alc8xx and apple HDA rollback. Rebooted with -v and the sound is working great! Hope this helps!
P.S this is on lion 10.7. It was a clean install so i have not updated to 10.7.2 yet...
[UPDATE] Sound working on 10.7.2... Has anyone gotten sleep to work?

I HAVE MILLITARY CLASS 2 ,Z68A-GD80 B3! PLEASU SOMEBODY HELP ME TO FIX THE DRIVERS ON THIS MOTHERBOARD??
GEFORCE GTX 550 TI 1536
INTEL I7 3.39GHZ

I DONT NOW HOW THIS KEXTS AND DSDTS WORKING. I HAVE ALREADY LION INSTALED BOOTING WITH MULTIBEST 4.5 BUT EVERYTIME I RESET I GET ERROR THEM I MUST ENTER BY OUTHER HD AND REINSTAL MULTIBEST FOR THAT WORK!
PLEASY PLEASY I STILL ALREADY ONE WEEK REINSTALING WITHOUT STOPING ;(

mmelo1986 said:
Hello, i recently bought this motherboard and could not get the sound to work. I tried a few different kexts and nothing would work. Finally i downloaded DSDTSE and extracted and compiled my DSDT.aml file following the guide on here. I applied the _WAK hack and recompiled it again. re-ran multibeast and selected user dsdt, alc8xx and apple HDA rollback. Rebooted with -v and the sound is working great! Hope this helps!
P.S this is on lion 10.7. It was a clean install so i have not updated to 10.7.2 yet...
[UPDATE] Sound working on 10.7.2... Has anyone gotten sleep to work?

Hi i have also military class 2 z68-gd80 but the sound are shihihshihihhihhshji. And i dont know how to fix tha you have dsdt ?

MILLITARY CLASS 2 ,Z68A-GD80 B3
Somebody have the dsdt for this motherbord? Pleasy somebody cam help me?

DSDTs aren't required. I've never used a DSDT file for any hackintosh that I've ever worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back