Motherboard
GA-Z77X-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
audio interference on studio monitors

hello guys

So I've recently built a hackintosh and i'm really pleased with it but there is still one mayor issue i have involving the audio. I have a small studio setup with a focusrite saffire 6 usb audio interface and yamaha hs80m studio monitors wich give crystal clear sound when connected to my macbook pro. But when connected to my hackintosh these give a really prominent noise coming from the speakers. i know it has something to do with both the speakers and the computer being on the some electricity net but i have no idea on how to fix it. the interferance gets worse when i'm doing very video intense activities like playing video games. i've tried using balanced cables hoping that would stop the noise but it hasen't helped. maybe it has something to do with the build itself or maybe the psu? please reply if have any knowledge on these type of issues. i'm sure there has to be a solution for this problem.

I'm having the same issue with M-Audio monitors. Connected directly to the rear ports. Happens in all ports. Have you found anything out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back