Elitebook 820
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello -

I've been working away at this Probook 11 and have a stable installation of Sierra. I initially installed using Unibeast/Sierra but when I tried post installation with Multibeast it wrecked it. So all post installation has been done using Rehabman's hot-patch system and treating it as a Probook 4x0 G3. (I seem to be the only person who has tried this Probook 11 and that's only since I changed the motherboard from a G1 Pentium to a G2 Intel i3.)

I've worked through various problems and most are sorted. So it's now good except for audio, power management and wifi. The power management I think I can sort using Rehabman's guide to patching laptop DSDT/SSDTs (I used to write 8-bit assembler back in the 1980's so chopping up 16 bit numbers comes naturally!), and the wifi/bluetooth I can test using a DW1520 which is in my Elitebook 820 G2 - I'm currently using a USB dongle as those cards are selling for silly money on eBay.

But I'm flummoxed on the audio. It's Conexant CX 27024 and I feel I've been through all permutations of Rehabman's AppleHDA_Probook.kext, Insanelydeepak's and Mirone's patched AppleHDA's, changing around layout ID's, and so on. There's either something I should have been changing somewhere and haven't or vice versa. I haven't managed to get it to find a single input or output device whatever I've done.

So I'm now back to square one. All the "vanilla" AppleHDA kexts I have - and it's quite a few - are different sizes so I have installed the one from my Elitebook 820 G2, which also runs Sierra, into S/L/E. Linux shows two seperate codecs - #0 is the speakers etc and #2 is the HDMI. "System Report" on the Probook says the Audio ID is 7 and shows potential devices but they don't appear in Sound/Preferences.

Attached are the reporting files, plus the Linux codec dumps, plus a screenshot of system info, plus the CPUZ report should it help. If anyone could guide me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_12818.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • PROBOOK CPUZ report.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
  • linux codec#0.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 72
  • linux codec#2.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 77
  • linux id.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 106
  • SysInf audio.png
    SysInf audio.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 81
I'll reply to myself in case anyone else has a go at one of these Probook 11's.

Having found a list of other laptops HP used Conexant audio in I thought I'd experiment and try some variations from the skylake 4x0 G3 I'd been using from Rehabman's hotpatch.

After a number of fails I tried using the Elitebook 1030 G1 SSDT and config.plist and everything worked! Well almost. It now has sound and battery status (although it doesn't know it's on mains). And no need to incorporate the Skylake graphics glitch fix because there isn't a glitch.

Still bits to do - powering off and sleep definitely need looking at - but it's certainly a stable working Hackintosh. Thinks it's a Macbook Pro Mid 2014 which is about right, so that's the SMBIOS it'll get.

Thank you Rehabman. It's an amazingly comprehensive collection of variations available on your github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back