Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The monitor is connected to DVI because of higher resolution.
HDMI audio is configured correctly. Nvidia HDMI audio is only available on a DVI connector using a DVI2HDMI adapter; DVI audio is not supported.

HDMI audio works with 10.10.2 Nvidia web driver, no fix required.

Are you saying HDMI Audio works WITH your DSDT patching and 10.10.2? or that it would be functioning normally with just the current Nvidia web driver? My board is a Gigabyte GA-Z97N WiFi, and has been stated that it words DSDT free. But after the new Nvidia driver and 10.10.2 update, I've lost HDMI audio out from my GeForce 750Ti. So I do think SOME sort of fix is required. I'm just trying to figure out where to begin.

after the new Nvidia driver and 10.10.2 update, I've lost HDMI audio out from my GeForce 750Ti
I was wrong. HDMI/DP audio works with dsdt fixes and 10.10.2/Nvidia/Official drivers
DP audio works with dsdt fixes and 10.10.2/Nvidia/Web drivers
HDMI audio does not work with dsdt fixes and 10.10.2/Nvidia/Web drivers
The no HDMI audio problem is caused by 10.10.2/Nvidia/Web drivers; no fix available.
For working GTX 750 TI HDMI audio, restore previous working OS X and Nvidia/Web drivers

For working GTX 750 TI HDMI audio, restore previous working OS X and Nvidia/Web drivers

I found this workaround on InsanelyMac. They use a modified previous web driver with 10.10.2... Page 8-9 is where the meat and potatoes are regarding the fix. Perhaps it would lead to some new fixes in your method with some microscopic cross examinations. I have yet to try it out myself but do you see any short term issues doing this?

Attachments

• monitor.png
    monitor.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 111
  • SystemProfiler.png
    SystemProfiler.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 119
  • SystenSettings-Audio.png
    SystenSettings-Audio.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 139
Yes it is connected to Teufel Decoderstation 7, this one has a HDMI input.
IOReg shows one device connected to the 640, a DVI display. The Decoderstation 7 does not appear in IOReg; result, no HDMI selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back