Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news and bad news.

The good news is that I was finally able to get the NVDA HDMI audio working and even driving 3840x2160P although only at 30Hz.

The bad news is that the Nvidia drivers are really flaky. The only way I could get this to work is in a dual display setup with a DVI monitor. I enabled mirroring and then pulled the DVI cable out of the computer and then I was given options for resolutions higher than 1080p. However, I am attempting to run the LGTV as a single display setup so for now at least will need to wait for new drivers from Nvidia.

Attachments

• Beast_HDAU_0_1_NVDAHDMIAudioWorking.png
    Beast_HDAU_0_1_NVDAHDMIAudioWorking.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 112
  • BeastIOReg-NVDAHDMIAudioWorking.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
So here i am again.:banghead: Hdmi audio just randomly stopped working, no idea why. Did a fresh install, but now im not able to enable hdmi audio no matter which guide i choose. If i use ssdt/dsdt in efi/clover/acpi/patched or if i try to inject hdmi via clover system hangs before graphics initialization. If i remove AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from S/L/E i can obviously boot normal with no acceleration. If no ssdt/dsdt in efi/clover/acpi/patched or UseiIntelHdmi in clover/devices is set to no, i can boot normally with full acceleration. If im using dsdt/ssdt in /Extra both onboard realtek and intel hd 4000 audio devices are recognized in dpcimanager, but are not showing in system preferences. Attached ioreg is with ssdt in /extra. Using 10.10.1. Please help :|

Attachments

• hdmi.zip
    393.8 KB · Views: 74
So here i am again.:banghead: Hdmi audio just randomly stopped working, no idea why. Did a fresh install, but now im not able to enable hdmi audio no matter which guide i choose. If i use ssdt/dsdt in efi/clover/acpi/patched or if i try to inject hdmi via clover system hangs before graphics initialization. If i remove AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from S/L/E i can obviously boot normal with no acceleration. If no ssdt/dsdt in efi/clover/acpi/patched or UseiIntelHdmi in clover/devices is set to no, i can boot normally with full acceleration. If im using dsdt/ssdt in /Extra both onboard realtek and intel hd 4000 audio devices are recognized in dpcimanager, but are not showing in system preferences. Attached ioreg is with ssdt in /extra. Using 10.10.1. Please help :|

So i got a little bit further i think. Did another fresh install just now and enabled onboard audio. This time i can follow all the steps from your cloverhdmi guide, but hdmi is still not showing in system preferences. In the attached files i used your cloverhdmi guide with clover injection. SSDT/DSDT injection also not working. Would really appreciate your help toleda. Thanks! :D

Attachments

• hdmi2.zip
    470 KB · Views: 76
follow all the steps from your cloverhdmi guide, but hdmi is still not showing in system preferences. In the attached files i used your cloverhdmi guide with clover injection. SSDT/DSDT injection also not working.
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/True overrides dsdt and ssdt injection; set to False. Clover HDMI audio injection only works in the cases noted. Use dsdt/ssdt injection for HDMI audio.

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/True overrides dsdt and ssdt injection; set to False. Clover HDMI audio injection only works in the cases noted. Use dsdt/ssdt injection for HDMI audio.

Yeah i know that. Tried each injection seperately of course. But didnt work. Ididnt know inject/intel would override hdmi audio however. Though im pretty sure i disabled that while i was trying to inject ssdt/dsdt, but will give it a new try later. Thanks!

Got everything running now again. And again i am now injecting hdmi audio through clover , like i was doing before the update. Turns out there is somehow a problem with clover hdmi audio injection and a native applehda kext. I couldn't boot with a native applehda kext and hdmi audio injected via clover. I usually don't use the onboard audio, because i either use my monitor speakers or my airplay speakers. As soon as i enabled onboard audio through cloveralc and then injected hdmi audio via clover, i could boot normally again and i had my hdmi audio back. Thanks again for all your work toleda. I really appreciate it! :D:thumbup:

Pilot error, applied the HDMI audio edits twice. Try again with the native dsdt, apply each patch once.

Thank you toleda and everyone else that contributed to this guide. I figured out what I did wrong and now have HDMI audio!

I am hitting a brick wall with getting HDMI audio working in OS X Yosemite :( I cannot compile the DSDT patches.
Any help would be appreciated
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1/Asus Maximus VII Gene/Bios ver 2013/Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz/Intel Integrated Graphics HD4600
Used this Guide --> [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf
--> audio_cloverALC-100.sh (v1.0.3) Have an ALC 1150, enabled injection Audio ID 1
then added the kext to patch section of
--> config-hdmi_hd4600-100.plist
Then Using MaciASL added source ->https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_9series/master
Hit Patch - AMI-Clean_Compile-9Series - Then compile, no errors
Then Hit Patch - AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1- Then compile, 1 error ( Name already exists in scope (_DSM) )

Attached is a zip file with iOJones, Bootlog for clover, system log, AppleHDA.kext and SystemDSDT both the original and patched version that did not compile correctly.

Attachments

• HDMI Audio Help Files.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back