Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"previous dsdt"
do you mean tried this dsdt section and it didn't work with my avr, my GE=No dsdt mentionned above is having issues compiling because I'm not a dsdt expert!
Previous dsdt is the working dsdt posted in a previous post.
dsdt compiles, 0 errors. ignore warnings and remarks.

Hey Toleda.

I got all the dsdt permutations I could try to compile and made some tests.

Turns out, pretty much all the dsdts work, but only if I have that asus monitor plugged in.

This monitor was being used elsewhere, but I'm going to figure something out and relocate it back.

I just can't plug the quadro's DP to hdmi adapter straight into my AVR and have hdmi audio it seems.

I have a monoprice 4x4 HDMI matrix in the chain, and if the asus monitor I'm using is in the loop, it passes everything to the AVR. Turns out this was the issue.

I learned a bunch in the discussion though, lost too much sleep.

It doesn't explain why I can't go straight to the AVR, but at this point I don't care, I've hijacked the thread too long:oops:

For anyone out there, I included all the working elements in this posts.

Thank you for you patience Toleda, you went above and beyond on this one :thumbup:

Attachments

• Quadro 4000 Yosemite.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
Hey toleda,

problem is as follows but first the specs:

z77ds3h, bios f9, i7 3770k, hd4000

Today i updated to 10.10.1 and couldnt boot. Found out that it is dsdt/igpu related. If my dsdt is removed, i can boot normally, obviously without hdmi audio. So i tried to enable hdmi audio with clover, and i couldnt boot again. Spent some time trying to resolve this issue, without much success. In 10.10 i can boot just fine without clovers dsdt fixes and just my dsdt, and hdmi audio works, so i restored from backup and im back to 10.10 again. So here i am, and i would greatly appreciate your help. :D

View attachment Kingsonny.zip

updated to 10.10.1 and couldnt boot.
Not clear what is causing your boot problem. Suggestion, 2 different injections for same properties, not a good idea. Set config.plist/
1. Devices/Audio/Inject/blank (Clover = 1, dsdt = 3)
2. Graphics/Inject/Intel/NO (Clover = YES, dsdt/AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0a 00 66 01)

Not clear what is causing your boot problem. Suggestion, 2 different injections for same properties, not a good idea. Set config.plist/
1. Devices/Audio/Inject/blank (Clover = 1, dsdt = 3)
2. Graphics/Inject/Intel/NO (Clover = YES, dsdt/AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0a 00 66 01)

Dsdt was causing boot problem, have no clue why though. Removed it and im now injecting HDMI via Clover. Everything fine! Used your cloverhdmi guide. Thanks toleda! :thumbup:

Hey thanks for opening such a nice thread and marking the effort to help people like me.
yesterday I got Yosemite 10.1.1 to work on my z77ds3h with 887 but I didn't know how to enable hdmi audio on my gtx 560, Im using clover and I barely made it through the set up in really noob in the hackintosh world and I'm kinda lost in your thread cab help me out

I didn't know how to enable hdmi audio on my gtx 560
Post #1, which guide are you going to use?

HDMI Audio Guides

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio is installed with every Desktop configuration

Bootloader HDMI audio

1. All: Clover
    1. with dsdt/ssdt from above
    2. audio_CloverHDMI

Post #1, which guide are you going to use?

HDMI Audio Guides

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio is installed with every Desktop configuration

Bootloader HDMI audio

1. All: Clover
    1. with dsdt/ssdt from above
    2. audio_CloverHDMI

Thanks for replying, do i need to edit the code that is in there for my 560 or should i just put in my dsdt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back