Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's there, unless you removed it. S/L/E is hidden in 10.11.
Which codec: 2021 or 889?

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.1. (Currently downloading update to 10.10.5)
I believe it's 2021.

Hello, I am attempting enable the HDMI audio

1 - Audio problem: I can not run successfully the audio_cloverHDMI-110_v0.9.3.command
a - Output terminal View attachment Java Lava's Terminal Saved Output - HDMI.zip

2 - The machine have it configuration:
OSX: Mavericks 10.9.5 13F34
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 rev1.0
BIOS version: F20 (last version)
Processor: i7 3930K (OC is disabled)
Graphics: EVGA nVidia GTX 570 HD 2 Gb

3 - Guide used / Procedure:
Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide] post 1 --> cloverHDMI --> cloverHDMI-Beta audio_cloverHDMI-110.command.zip

4 - IOReg files
View attachment Java Lava’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

5 - Console log
View attachment Java Lava - Console - Messages last boot.log.zip

6 - AppleHDA.kext
View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip

8 - Chameleon: no installed

8 - Clover files:
View attachment Java Lava's config.plist.zip
View attachment Java Lava - Clover - bootlog.log.txt.zip
View attachment Java Lava's SSDT - 2 files.zip

Greetings

Not supported.

But what does the onboard audio have to do with HDMI audio from the GPU? (I'm willing to sacrifice the onboard audio for HDMI audio if I can't have both at the same time.)

Default framebuffer, cosmetic only.
HDMI audio will disappear.
Back up the EFI and working partitions.
Select 888-Legacy/MultiBeast 8 or Realtek ALC AppleHDA/cloverALC
If no 1200 audio, see Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

Does it make any sense to load Realtek ALC AppleHDA with Clover via EFI part in the /kext folder, i.e. just to see if onboard + hdmi will both co-exist?

Idea is not to install the kext, just run it in a "try out" mode, any sense to this or it`s rubbish?

Does it make any sense to load Realtek ALC AppleHDA with Clover via EFI part in the /kext folder, i.e. just to see if onboard + hdmi will both co-exist?
AppleHDA configures codecs during OS X boot, after the booter has finished. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/AppleHDA.kext; no audio.
All OS X supported codecs co-exist, nothing special.

AppleHDA configures codecs during OS X boot, after the booter has finished. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/AppleHDA.kext; no audio.
All OS X supported codecs co-exist, nothing special.

Daamn, explained, thanks. I will CC my drive cause I am sure I am loosing my HDMI audio when going for the ALC888 legacy... I do not have any clue why the damn ALC 1200 chip does not have a dedicated driver, all that I found online are some fakes "patched" AppleHDA with the HDAenabler and we know that this destroys HDMI audio.

On the other hand - as I mentioned below - I am using the Mac mainly for Logic X, music production, so I have a legacy M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI slot sound card. I used to run Envy24 drivers in Mavericks and it worked well, but I am to frustrated to try install it now + the onboard audio, cause that can f*** up my HDMI Audio.... of course I will try after the CC backup.

I have a Line6 GX usb sound card that I am going to use for production now, still will do the work - and the HDMI audio I am using it for KODI - > passthrough to the Yamaha receiver which is what I want so I can still watch flicks on my Hackintosh PC...

Dilema:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back