Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No HDMI audio on 10.10.2 with Web drivers for any Nvidia graphics card.
The Nvidia HDMI audio guide simply says "Verify motherboard OS X HDMI Audio installed"
HDMI dsdt audio edits are correct.
IOReg shows the edited dsdt is not installed.

I know it wont work with WebDrivers, but what if I switch to the internal OSX driver after I get the card functioning?

Can I then get it to work?

what if I switch to the internal OSX driver after I get the card functioning?
750 (Maxwell) is not supported in OS X, VESA resolutions, no acceleration, no HDMI audio. Unlikely to change until Intel/Broadwell/Desktop and Nvidia/Maxwell/mobile are available for iMac 27 refresh or Intel/Broadwell/quad core mobile and Nvidia/Maxwell/mobile are available for MacBookPro 15 refresh.

More likely, Nvidia will fix web driver HDMI audio with some subsequent release. Only current 750/HDMI audio solution is 10.0 or 10.10.1 with appropriate web driver.

750 (Maxwell) is not supported in OS X.

So what exactly am I selecting if I switch to OSX native drivers in the nvidia menubar drop down/sys pref? My computer seems to function all the same, even after any amount of restarts?

Attach a screenshot of System Information/Graphics/Display and IOReg.

Here are the files you've requested. It was a convo from a few posts back regarding getting HDMI Audio to work with a Maxwell card that has the Default drivers enabled.

SysIn-Graphics.pngView attachment Ryan’s iMac-IOReg.ioreg

regarding getting HDMI Audio to work with a Maxwell card that has the Default drivers enabled.
Your system: IOReg/...../PEGP@0/NVDAType/Web; NVDAType/Official when OS X driver. Maxwell shows as Nvidia Chip Model with OS X drivers.

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and was trying to read the guide but I couldn't understand what exactly I need to do to get my HDMI Audio to work. I'm using a Gigabyte H97N-WIFI with Intel Core i3 4150 which is a HD4400. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi toleda,

I failed to make HDMI audio to work with your guide. No HDMI audio is displayed in audio panel.

My spec:
OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite
Core i5 3570T, IVB
AMD HD7770
Zotac H77-ITX-A-E

My attempts:

1. Checkout https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC, run audio_cloverALC-100.command. Clover mode, with audio id 3.
2. Apply patch of ib3-hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000-3.txt using MaciASL and export dsdt.asm under /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Pacth
3. Reboot

Result:

I found airplay option in audio panel, but no HDMI output displayed.

I've attached boot.log, clover config.plist, AppleHDA.kext, and other info in debug.zip

View attachment debug.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back