Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

ok, this time in the right thread and with attachments.

I have been trying to get HDMI audio to work for a few days, but I wasn't successful so far. I need a little bit of help

Here's my setup:

• Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (BIOS F12)
  • Intel i5-2500K
  • GeForce GTX 460 (MSI N460GTX Hawk)
  • Yosemite 10.10.2
  • Clover r3185

I'm using the NVIDIA WebDriver 343.02.02f02. My AppleHDA.kext is not modified.
I deactivated the onboard sound card in my BIOS. The onboard card is a VIA VT2021 with 3 ports on the mainboard. I only want to use HDMI audio via my graphics card. I hope that's possible.

Here are my assumptions that I made based on the guides from toleda:

Because I'm using a H77 chipset with a i5 2500K, I should be using 7series/HD3000/AMD/Nvidia - https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd3000.
Because I don't want to use onboard audio or onboard HDMI, I should be using audio ID 1.

But there's already the first problem. There isn't a patch for audio ID 1.

I tried sb3-hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000-3.txt_v2.1 any way, didn't work. That probably shows, that I don't really know what I'm doing I also tried a few other patches. None of them worked:

I didn't apply any changes to my config.plist. I only patched the DSDT.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Please let me know what.

I'm using the attached DSDT right now. I only applied toleda's clean compile patch to the initial MaciASL DSDT. The SSDT I generated using ssdtPRGen.sh.

Here are my config files: View attachment 128493 (Edit: I removed the attachment, because I don't want my log files flying around the internet)

I'm using the NVIDIA WebDriver 343.02.02f02.
Because I'm using a H77 chipset with a i5 2500K, I should be using 7series/HD3000/AMD/Nvidia
Because I don't want to use onboard audio or onboard HDMI, I should be using audio ID 1.
I tried sb3-hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000-3.txt_v2.1 any way, didn't work.
I didn't apply any changes to my config.plist. I only patched the DSDT.
GTX 460: no benefit with Nvida Web Drivers; downside, HDMI audio does not work. Restart with OS X drivers.
Yes. Download [Guide]_HD3000-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf from the repo.
Because there is no onboard audio, Audio ID: 3 is fine.
No HDMI audio patches installed, apply:
MaciASL/Patch/hd3000/AMI-HD3000-7series_Fix, Apply/Close/Compile
MaciASL/Patch/hd3000/AMI-UEFI-HD3000-AMD-Nvidia-A3, Apply/Close/Compile
Reply with new files.

Neither display shows as an HDMI device. What displays are connected to what connector?
My primary display is a 27″ Shimian QH270 2560x1440 connected via Dual DVI. On the mini HDMI port I got a Denon AVR-X1000, which is connected to 5.1 sound system and a 27″ ASUS VE278Q 1920x1080.

I just tried disconnecting the Shimian. Still no change.

To get the new DSDT, I did this:
  1. Delete the old one in ACPI/patched
  2. Reboot
  3. MaciASL -> New from ACPI -> DSDT
  4. Applied the patches again
  5. Reboot
  6. Grabbed logs
I did this, so that I would get a fresh ”System DSDT“, not the one I previously edited (“Pre-edited DSDT”). Don't know if that makes a difference.

There are some new ”Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver/AppleHDAController” logs while booting. That's the main reason why I disabled the sound card in the first place.
I also noticed that the log says ”NVDAStartup: Web“, but the NVIDIA Driver Manager.prefPane says that the OS X Default Drivers are enabled. Strange … Should I uninstall the NVIDIA drivers?

My files: View attachment 128527 (Edit: I removed the attachment, because I don't want my log files flying around the internet)

To get the new DSDT
There are some new ”Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver/AppleHDAController” logs while booting.
I also noticed that the log says ”NVDAStartup: Web“
No need to mess with dsdt. The request was a simple BIOS change, nothing else needed to change.
With the Web driver still loading, that is the reason for no HDMI audio.
The sound assertions are caused by the unsupported codec and do no harm. When HDMI audio works, disable the codec and verify HDMI audio is still working.
Log must say NVDAStartup: Official for OS X drivers, no chance for HDMI audio with the Web driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back