Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using gtx 1060 with hdmi, but no sound.

Same here. 1050ti gaming and I can't get any sound out of hdmi or display port

you yourself said that the latest Nvidia webdrivers are not working with the ssdt.aml.
Conclusions are not valid. It is clear you did not read and/or understand Post #2650. Do the research

Current Nvidia web driver driver does not support HDMI audio on the HDMI port; use DP to HDMI adapter until Nvidia fixes the driver.

Do you know if it works for DP out to mDP?

Conclusions are not valid. It is clear you did not read and/or understand Post #2650. Do the research
What I understand is that using the latest BIOS on MSI z170 M7, the HDMI audio ssdt no longer works or loads on my system, regardless of which video card port I use on the motherboard. However, Voodoohda works. I tried a GeForce 970 and GeForce 1080. No bueno.

What I understand is You don't seem to entertain the idea of implementing a new audio system. Thanks!

the HDMI audio ssdt no longer works
Fact: the HDMI audio ssdts work now and for the foreseeable future.
Fiction: the ssdt is the cause of your HDMI audio problems.
If you want a new audio system, do the work.

Fact: the HDMI audio ssdts work now and for the foreseeable future.
Fiction: the ssdt is the cause of your HDMI audio problems.
If you want a new audio system, do the work.

Thanks Toleda. The ssdt worked and loaded for my MSI Z170 M7 gaming motherboard until I updated to the latest bios; in which case the ssdt now fails to even load.

Hello, any help or ideas would be appreciated....

Problem Reporting:
- HDMI audio not working, ALC audio working. No HDTV monitor selection in Sound Preferences. HDMI530 is "enabled", everything seems in place. The 6th AppleHDAEngineOutput seems only to show SPDIF, dunno. Thanks in advance.

- Hardware setup: mini-ITX GA-Z179N-wifi, 7th Gen Intel i5 7600 processor, HD530 GT2 Graphics, Ballistic Sport LT 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s, SSD Samsung 850 500GB. Mac OS 10.12.3. Monitor: Samsung HDTV HDMI connected via HDMI port.
- Install: UEFI Clover (4049), audio_cloverALC-120.command/audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.

- Attached IOReg
- Attached DPCI Status screenshot
- Attached DCPI Boot Log
- config.plist
- AppleHDA.kext (Native prior to shell commands)
- Audio_cloverALC terminal output
- Audio_cloverHDMI terminal output
- Audio_codec_detect terminal output
- EFI/ACPI_patched folder with 2x ssdt's
- SysAudioDevices screenshot
- SysGraphicsDisplay screenshot
- Sound Preference Output screenshot

Attachments

• ProblemHDMIAudio.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Status