Contribute
Register

Audio Dropouts (Built In & External Firewire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issues with my current Macbook Pro 13 using the firewire interface in my Presonus Studiolive and recording in Presonus' "Capture" program.
I was convinced it was an issue with the Presonus gear, but it seems like it may be an OS issue?

Anyone had any luck? Anyone followed through with Apple Support?

Andrew

Jus a blind shot, but check your bios, does the firewire interface share IRQ with the ethernet card or other generally busy device? if so try to change it...

Hey, any luck with this issue?? I've had it since day one, using my external Presonus Firepod of Firewire. Upgraded to Lion yesterday with no luck and finally (in desperation) reformated and installed Lion clean today but still getting the dropouts (as well as dog slow boot up time - but that's another issue altogether!)
This is pretty much it for me and Hacks I'm afraid - my work is video and audio production and downtime is not great for me, so if I don't get a solution pronto I'll have to sell the Hack and a kidney and buy the over-priced Apple.

Any help will certainly save the day!

Thanks

Having a similar issue here using the motherboard's onboard firewire and my DIGI002 in Logic. Sound works at first but eventually it freaks out and drops audio completely. I ordered a Symba PCI-e Firewire card which should arrive soon, so I'll let you know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks Rockstar! I reloaded Lion onto a brand new hard drive and it seems to be ok - reinstalling Logic so will test it properly tonight (when the hours of installing are over)!!

NortonSA said:
Hey, any luck with this issue?? I've had it since day one, using my external Presonus Firepod of Firewire. Upgraded to Lion yesterday with no luck and finally (in desperation) reformated and installed Lion clean today but still getting the dropouts (as well as dog slow boot up time - but that's another issue altogether!)
This is pretty much it for me and Hacks I'm afraid - my work is video and audio production and downtime is not great for me, so if I don't get a solution pronto I'll have to sell the Hack and a kidney and buy the over-priced Apple.

Any help will certainly save the day!

Thanks

There's problem with the Giga onboard FW... for one, it stays dead even after the hack wakes up from sleep. Second, it's not a TI chipset (so expect lots of compatibility and performance, issues problems). Try getting the Syba FW card and see if that fixes your problems.

Using Syba FW card with a MOTU 828mk2 and DP7.

Dang guys! I had no idea anyone was posting on this (I must not have told the thread that I wanted updates, sorry!).

Here's what you should get:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6815287011

This resolves the issue! (Thanks to trip96 for is PMs)

Good luck!

andreww said:
I have the same issues with my current Macbook Pro 13 using the firewire interface in my Presonus Studiolive and recording in Presonus' "Capture" program.
I was convinced it was an issue with the Presonus gear, but it seems like it may be an OS issue?

Anyone had any luck? Anyone followed through with Apple Support?

Andrew

I solved My problems with a new Firewire card. My presonus works perfect now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back