Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760 2 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
after update to Catalina, Audio Driver not working. :mad:

after update to Catalina, Audio Driver not working. :mad:
If you are using AppleALC/Lilu then re-install the two latest versions of those kexts. Repair permissions and rebuild caches, reboot and it should work.

If you are using AppleALC/Lilu then re-install the two latest versions of those kexts. Repair permissions and rebuild caches, reboot and it should work.
Thanks a lot, Issue solved.

Here is details for others who face same issue:
1. Download Lateset AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/
2. Then Delete AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from EFI/Clover/Kext/Others and Paste New One
3. Also Delete AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from Library/Extentions and Paste New One
4. Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
5. Rebuild Kext Cache
Type the following command in the Terminal:
  • sudo kextcache -i /
6. Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Thanks a lot, Issue solved.

Here is details for others who face same issue:
1. Download Lateset AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/
2. Then Delete AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from EFI/Clover/Kext/Others and Paste New One
3. Also Delete AppleALC.kext , Lilu.kext from Library/Extentions and Paste New One
4. Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
  • sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
5. Rebuild Kext Cache
Type the following command in the Terminal:
  • sudo kextcache -i /
6. Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Great!

Last edited:
can someone explain what the problem I have here:

iMac:~macos$ sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
/ locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.
Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: No such file or directory

I think what they are trying to say is:
- the new kexts should be installed in /Library/Extensions (like AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and FakeSMC etc)
- previously some were put in EFI/Clover/Other, some were put in System/Library/Extensions
- I think MultiBeast doesn't contain the latest Kexts, if you use the other methods, like KextBeast, you should install the latest Kexts in /Library/Extensions
- under EFI/Clover/Other, as far as I can understand, should be kept as minimal as possible, some people only put an extra copy of the FakeSMC.kext inside it. I am very new to this I'm afraid, if someone can correct any wrong information that I've said.

no no, it's was my mistake, as you can see I get wrong command: sudo kextcache -u / but should be sudo kextcache -I /:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back