GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've build a Hackintosh and absolutely love how it's coming together. I have everything working except for my motherboards onboard audio! The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H MB and I have no idea which Audio driver to select in Multibeast.

Could anyone help me out? I'm worried that if I pick the wrong one it will brick my install and I'll have to mess around trying to recover!

Thanks a bunch!

Steve

from gigabytes website

Realtek ALC888B/892 codec

I am fairly new to this as well but I had similar trouble with my h55 - ud2h i5 760 build. I was using the pre-edited DSDT for my board (from tonymac's website). I had tried everything to get sound working and at certain points had the system prefs seeing sound, speaker icon moving and system profiler seeing intel sound but no actual sound. I eventually ended up deleting the updated (10.6.7) AppleHDA.kext, then installed the following from multibeast: ALC88x, apple HDA rollback AND the NON-DSDT enabler for my board (the ALC889 for me). After that things worked great. Hope this helps you.

Thanks - I tried using the Realtek ALC drivers from Multibeast and I still have no sound. Where should I be looking to check what sound is installed and what should I be looking for?

Thanks for all help!

did you check systems utilities when you ran multibeast?

Yeah I did, but I guess I don't know which Audio option to select. I have a UserDSDT from the tonymac database downloaded to my desktop for my motherboard. There are a number of audio options for that soundcard:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabled

Which one of those would I select?

Khanaset said:
stevodevo said:
Yeah I did, but I guess I don't know which Audio option to select. I have a UserDSDT from the tonymac database downloaded to my desktop for my motherboard. There are a number of audio options for that soundcard:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabled

Which one of those would I select?

If you have a DSDT installed (or are installing one with MultiBeast), you do not need the last one; check both the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback options. =)

Thanks - I tried that to no avail. The sound icon is still greyed out. If I want to start afresh with the install would I just delete the entire Extra directory and reinstall Multibeast?

Try voodooHDA in multibeast 3.6.0 , Audio + universal click on the last one voodooHDA 0.272 install with system utilities checked. Also remove apple HDA .kext from system extensions, restart the computer it should work..

sparky71dodge said:
I am fairly new to this as well but I had similar trouble with my h55 - ud2h i5 760 build. I was using the pre-edited DSDT for my board (from tonymac's website). I had tried everything to get sound working and at certain points had the system prefs seeing sound, speaker icon moving and system profiler seeing intel sound but no actual sound. I eventually ended up deleting the updated (10.6.7) AppleHDA.kext, then installed the following from multibeast: ALC88x, apple HDA rollback AND the NON-DSDT enabler for my board (the ALC889 for me). After that things worked great. Hope this helps you.

Many thanks! I had problem with sound, with the same build. Your solution worked perfectly for me.
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back