Graphics
550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built my first system. I have a GA-P67X-UD3-B3 motherboard (realtek ALC889 audio). I've run multibeast several times with different audio settings, but everytime i get distorted audio. I delete the HDA kexts before i run multibeast again. I've searched through the boards but haven't found an answer yet. Also, is there a kext/ driver/ etc. to enable a firewire card? System profiler shows that I have firewire 400, but that's about the extent that i can use it.

UPDATE: I got the firewire working, but am still having audio distortion issues. Any thoughts?

To clarify: The audio is distorted because it is slow and choppy. I have the correct kexts in there i believe. Should I buy an audio card?

UPDATE #2: The audio is the same through my firewire audio interface so it is probably not a jack problem. I've tried a few different realtek codecs with the same result. The Universal/VooDoo kexts just kernal panic my system. Any thoughts? Anything?

Like the audio was shot in the leg and is trying to finish a marathon. That's what it sounds like. Like playing the song/ video audio/ etc. is an incredibly difficulty task.

I first tried busratio=33 for my i5-2500k cpu, but yea 29 works the best. All my audio and video issues are now resolved. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back