Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So in trying to get audio to work I totally hosed my system...I am getting good at loading the SL OS from scratch...

First I tried the non vanilla solution and installed the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext using the package installer..did not work. no audio in system preferences

then I tried Bansaku's method...no go, I still could not get audio to work

So I have a clean install....ran multibeast, ran gigabeast for P55-ud3..and then I installed voodooHDA.kext using the disk utilities and rebuilt caches and repaired permissions.

Could it be an issue with the bios...?

:banghead:

Have you tried the latest solution from the forum?
Is your mobo really a p55-ud3 or is it a p55a-ud3? Which audio codec does your system have? ALC 888 or other?

My audio works fine, all inputs and outputs including digital. We should be able to get you up and running.

Did you try all the audio jacks? Some of the audio fixes re-map the outputs and inputs so the typical green for out isn't right. (Try the black one, for example). On some of the solutions the front panel headphones output doesn't work but the back panel outputs does.

ne0shell....thanks for your reply

Firstly after reading in the audio section, some posts seem to suggest I need to flash my bios to F8..its now F4.

The MB is a P55 UD3 with ALC888. So you have the same MB as me...but what version of the bios do you have, I think this may be the problem?

What was your install process for the audio?

Thanks again for your help

ps168 o_O

ps168 said:
ne0shell....thanks for your reply

Firstly after reading in the audio section, some posts seem to suggest I need to flash my bios to F8..its now F4.

The MB is a P55 UD3 with ALC888. So you have the same MB as me...but what version of the bios do you have, I think this may be the problem?

What was your install process for the audio?

Thanks again for your help

ps168 o_O

F8? I think the correct version is F6 for some reason. That might be worth checking, there was another "ud3" board in the list with an F8 bios I seem to recall.

I just followed the instructions posted, can't recall what they were but you should be able to find them easily. The Bios version is probably causing your issue though.

ne0shell, again thanks for the reply....I will flash the BIOS to F8 and install SL again. :eek:

Did you install any kext file for your 250 graphics card?

ps168

ps168 said:
ne0shell, again thanks for the reply....I will flash the BIOS to F8 and install SL again. :eek:

Did you install any kext file for your 250 graphics card?

ps168

My mobo is a p55A-ud3, not a p55-UD3 - there's a slight difference.
The current bios for mine is version F6, the version for yours according to the DSDT database should be F7 (apparently another revision has happened since then but be careful, the last post I saw from someone who went to F8 had issues that killed the install).

DSDT database w/ bios versions: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/dsdt-database-for-p55-motherboards.html

For my GTS-250 I just have "graphicsenabler=yes" in my plist file and NVEnabler64.kext in my /Extra folder. It works perfect.

For my audio I have this kext in /System/Library/Extensions: appleHDA.kext (replace the vanilla one). I don't know if there are any edits in my DSDT, I got mine from tony and I just haven't had time to sit down and figure out the DSDT editing yet. I'm using the green, black and pink audio jacks on the back of my mobo for audio out and 2 analog input - I'm also using a digital input after buying the dual digital backplane that connects to the mobo SPDIF header pins. (The two digital jacks on the back of my mobo are both outputs).

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 3.17.14 AM.JPG
    Screen shot 2010-04-30 at 3.17.14 AM.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 130
ne0shell....you're a champion.... :thumbup:

I will flash the mobo with F7 and re-install.

First I tackle the audio...then the video

The resources and peeps here are great :clap:

I will let you know how I go..

ps168

Been away from my office for a few days and I only just got around to my Hac-Mac..

so I flashed the BIOS to F7, re-installed the OS... :lol: again

to get the audio to work I used the downgrade 10.6.2 Apple HDA installer, deleted LegacyHDA.kext from /extra/extensions, dropped Legacy888HDA.kext onto kext utilities and.......

SHE WORKS :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to everyone for your fantastic help

ps168

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back