Motherboard
Deii Latitude E7470
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I run MacOS 10.15.7 and everything is working fine except audio and microphone. When watching YouTube on safari for example the sound is distorted. On chrome it's fine. When I am on a zoom or Skype call people can't hear me at all and sometimes audio is distorted for me too. When I use Spotify (for example) it's fine unless I start scrolling or dragging windows around. I use apple ALC with clover (similar problems with OpenCore)

I even deleted applealc and got an Asus bt400 usb dongle. Still the same problems even though only bluetooth devices appear on the sound tab in settings.

I don't think it's a driver problem since the same happens with Bluetooth. Anyone knows how can I fix this?
I just want to attend my online classes via my computer....

I can post my EFI, IOREG or whatever is needed to solve this.

Possibly an issue with the Audio Layout-ID you are injecting in your /CLOVER/config.plist.

Which Audio Codec are you using?

The Specification/guide for your Dell Optiplex 330 states it uses the following audio codec:

ADi 1984 high Definition audio

This happens to be the top audio codec listed in the AppleALC.kext supported codec help page, as shown in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 18.21.30.png

Depending on which (1984/1984A) device your system uses you may need to try 11, 13 & 44 to see which works best for your device.

I am not sure how or where you would enter the 0x100400 option.

A link to the Technical Guidebook for your Dell system can be found here - https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/optix_330_techspecs.pdf

Possibly an issue with the Audio Layout-ID you are injecting in your /CLOVER/config.plist.

Which Audio Codec are you using?

The Specification/guide for your Dell Optiplex 330 states it uses the following audio codec:

ADi 1984 high Definition audio

This happens to be the top audio codec listed in the AppleALC.kext supported codec help page, as shown in the screenshot below:

View attachment 506053

Depending on which (1984/1984A) device your system uses you may need to try 11, 13 & 44 to see which works best for your device.

I am not sure how or where you would enter the 0x100400 option.

A link to the Technical Guidebook for your Dell system can be found here - https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/optix_330_techspecs.pdf
I tried every id and only 11 somewhat worked. The one I used all along. I believe it's some kind of IRQ conflict. Do you know anything about how to patch them?

I don’t know how to patch them. Search this site to see if there is a guide for your systems codec.

Toleda or one of the other Audio Gurus may have created a kext that works with your audio codec, as it sounds like the layout-id=11 in AppleALC.kext isn’t set quite right for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back