Graphics
UHD630 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi Guys!

I'm working on a Power Mac G5 Hackintosh and I encountered some things i hadn't noticed before. When i tried wiring the front panel i noticed it wasn't the right plug. Since im not good with wiring those kinds of things i'd like to know if there is anywhere i can purchase these cords without any editing the cords. I'd also like to know if there is a way to wire the original PSU to the new board. The board is a Z97X Gaming 3.

Thanks in advanced! :D

Peals

Hey Peals25,

I ordered this conversion kit from the Laser Hive, which mirrors the look of the G5. I just ordered it so I can't speak for how difficult it is to install but from all accounts it looks pretty good and offers more functionality.

If you're set on using the original front I/O, someone makes custom conversion cables at this link: http://www.g5cable.com/home.html

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

I was set on keeping the original to keep it in its "natural" look and i am also afraid i'd ruin the panel because I'm clumsy with cutting tools. Do you or any one else know about keeping the original power supply. Again, i wanted to keep the original look and just in case i needed for some weird reason revert it back to the original mother board. I'd like get the Power Supply to work with the new board if that's possible.

Thanks!

I was set on keeping the original to keep it in its "natural" look and i am also afraid i'd ruin the panel because I'm clumsy with cutting tools. Do you or any one else know about keeping the original power supply. Again, i wanted to keep the original look and just in case i needed for some weird reason revert it back to the original mother board. I'd like get the Power Supply to work with the new board if that's possible.

If you look at my build and many others here, you'll see how I kept the original PSU shape. I will say though - once you begin modding the G5 case, there is no way of going back. You'll most likely have to remove stand offs, and the insides of the PSU are incompatible with an ATX motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back