Contribute
Register

Attention SandyBridge users... New Lnx2Mac RTL81xx available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't using Lnx2Mac's previous driver because my machine wouldn't boot with it. I decided to give this one a try and installed it. It did not create a folder on my desktop with conflicting kexts. How do I know that it is using this new kext and not still using the old one?

Thanks Lnx2Mac!

Works great. Seems faster than the Realtek 2.0.6 driver. Thanks for all of the hard work.

;)
Hi ...please but for this new Kext..I have need to remove old the S/L/E before and then to install the new one?
No. No need. The installer overwrites the old one.

Another answer ..but which install Release or Debug ?
Normally, you should pick Release.
Unless you have issues and want to identify them.

PS : I have a this problem in Kernel Log

[en0:R1000TxInterrupt] *** Unexpected fragmented packed

What is This ?
It's a notification that fragmented packets are still not supported.

HoosierInFL said:
I wasn't using Lnx2Mac's previous driver because my machine wouldn't boot with it. I decided to give this one a try and installed it. It did not create a folder on my desktop with conflicting kexts. How do I know that it is using this new kext and not still using the old one?
In System Profiler, select Hardware/Ethernet and you'll see the location and version of the driver being used.

nullx42 said:
Just wondering, what advantages does this have over the official kext?
Just try it ;)

$The-King$ said:
hi Lnx2Mac

this is my realtek eth

10ec;Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.;8136;RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller;Network controller;Ethernet controller

on lion the official driver from realtek loaded but give me incorrect ip even if i unconnected cable mean that kext not work
Or that you need to http://bit.ly/DeadNIC

and with your latest version 0.90 not work
810x is still not supported.

is there hope for fixing the problem :(
There's always hope ;)

PCconv2Mac said:
First thank you!

I ran into something I didn't have before, after installing this new update, my XFX 6870 now shows as NI40 and my Firewire says that it is having difficulty locating the Firewire card (my Firestudio Project is plugged into). At the same time, I just updated my board's BIOS (P67a-ud4-b3-f5 from the DSDT's database). Could be it because of the new DSDT file? If so, do I just run Kext Utility to correct, or run Multibeast to update? I'm not sure if it's because of this RTL81xx update or the new BIOS update that is causing this. Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Don't think that's related to the kext...
Have you also replaced bootloader ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back