Contribute
Register

Attention ALC888B Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
run update helper reboot your system then run 10.6.8 combo and multi beast :thumbup:

manval said:
kingpinjimi said:
I have looked your MB up in GB website, and yes you DO have 888b, so thats the first issue.
Ok well lets take it one step at a time.
How are you booting after installing Snow/Lion, are you still booting with the iboot or rboot disk?
Not trying to be rude, just double checking every thing. ;)
When you get home send pics of your choices in multi beast.
Next, your BIOS- Do you have it set to S3 and 64 bit for hpet mode? As far as your keyboard and mouse go, are you using PS/2 or USB? If USB you need to make sure under integrated peripherals (in BIOS) you have USB mouse/ keyboard enabled, as well as legacy or usb1.1 enabled.

Start with these and we'll get through the rest later.

Cool! Glad you got it working! :headbang:

Hi kingpinjimi.

I decided format de HD an install all the system.

I use "iBoot + MultiBeast" to install "Mac OS X 10.6.8" and use this post to activate audio, audio is OK.

After activate audio, I use "xMove + MultiBeast" to upgrade to "Mac OS X 10.7.1" and this post to activate audio.

Now the audio is OK.

Thank for your time and thank to hacman, tony , macman and dpsuperfly for this metod and post.

Hi hacman

I made a backup in order to save all my information and saved it in a usb.

In my 10.6.7 I run UpdateHelper, rebooted the system and it was a little slow just in the beginning, so I run the 10.6.8 ComboUpdate and it installed (Thank you), don't reboot and run multibeast 3.9.0 with all the options you said in your other post about SUCCESS: i3 2100... and with my DSDT (GA-H67M-D2-B3 1.0 F4) from tonymac dsdt database, I downloaded it around middle of September.

Rebooted and appears the apple logo and nothing happen, rebooted again with verbose mode and [PCI Configuration Begin] :crazy:

I did it everything from the beginning with my iBoot 3.1.1 CD and my Snow Leopard 10.6.6, I did the same steps except for the dsdt, I checked just EasyBeast and finally I installed the Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

After it:
- I installed the Lnx2, reboot and it worked fine.
- I installed the applehda rollback, System Utilities, OSX Utilities, reboot and it worked fine (Except for the sound but I know it will be in the next step).

So, I run again the Multibeast 3.9.0, but this time I checked User DSDT and System Utilities, nothing more and rebooted... the same freeze apple, tried verbose mode and [PCI Configuration Begin] :banghead:

So.. I guess the DSDT from tonymac dsdt database doesn't work for me. It works fine with 10.6.7, but with 10.6.8 just doesn't work right.

I was reading more information about it, and they talk about a PCI Fix in the Multibeast 3.9.0, it has 2 PCI options into Boot Options. I tried both, but Multibeast fails to install. I was searching more and found IOPCIFamily Fix, but it's from Multibeast 3.8.0 and I can't find that Multibeast version, I think it's not important so 3.9.0 added npci=0x2000 to all kernel flags.

In your another Post with a great "SUCCESS" i3 2100... you said:
run dsdt autopatcher, but dude, that's a GAP for me, I was reading a lot about it, but really that step is like a NASA's homework to me. :mrgreen:

I guess, I need just the right DSDT... I was reading post in other blog and basically a tool from someone aka "conigli" or DSDTSE... How I can get a right dsdt?, tutorials?

Dude, doesn't matter if by bad luck I wouldn't to get that sound, you are a really useful help for other people here.

Thanks for your time reading our mistakes, I feel I'm closer to get that sound.... :thumbup:

Lalo

Ok, I thought I would post because I am losing it (started lsowly, now has become increasingly faster).

I have a GA-P55-UD2 and F11 Bios (I do use the DSDT for it).

Had sound in Lion 10.7, upgraded to 10.7.1

Ran Multibeast with System Utilites, HDA Rollback (Followed the Steps over and over)
from the First page, and no sound still.

I have checked my S/L/E and /Extras folders and removed the kexts.

What steos should I do, and exactly which Kexts should I remove so I can check off that process as well.

I remove the ALC8XXX, as well as the AppleHDA, any enabler Kext as well, Voodoo Kexts do not exist in either area

Help! Please.

And, THANK YOU.

terpsy said:
Ok, I thought I would post because I am losing it (started lsowly, now has become increasingly faster).

Ran Multibeast with System Utilites, HDA Rollback (Followed the Steps over and over)

What steos should I do, and exactly which Kexts should I remove so I can check off that process as well.

I remove the ALC8XXX, as well as the AppleHDA, any enabler Kext as well, Voodoo Kexts do not exist in either area

Help! Please.

And, THANK YOU.

Does audio show up in system preferences? How bout in system profiler?

lalo said:
Hi hacman

I guess, I need just the right DSDT... I was reading post in other blog and basically a tool from someone aka "conigli" or DSDTSE... How I can get a right dsdt?, tutorials?

Lalo

very simple download DSDT auto patcher ,open it check your mother board and run, it will give you DSDT.aml file to your desktop ,remove your old dsdt from extra extension and copy dsdt.aml from desktop , run multi beast check system utilitie only run reboot :D

kingpinjimi said:
terpsy said:

Help! Please.

And, THANK YOU.

Does audio show up in system preferences? How bout in system profiler?

It does not show up in System Preferneces, but it is listed as Audio 887 in System Profiler

welcome :clap: :clap:

( Hacman, in your instructions you said "...enabler alc877\888b" ) thanks fixed :D

hacman said:
I know two method to get sound for alc888b codex , but only internal speaker only :( , i need all out put like alc888 . so force me to do lot of search and finally got it :D

method to get golden sound :idea: (not mine ) :lol:

step 1 : remove any alc8xx or voodoo from extra\extension and system \library\ extension

step 2: run given alc887HDA.kext using kext utility

step 3: run multi beast check system utilities \ apple hda rollback \Non dsdt HDA enabler alc887\888b run reboot :thumbup:

Great thanks to: tony , macman and dpsuperfly :headbang:

Hi!

Thanks for the method.But there is twice as Intel High Definition Audio in System Information.I removed theHDAEnabler888b.kext from S/L/E.Sound OK.
Here are the results:

Attachments

• Sound.png
    Sound.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 246
remove alc888bHDA in both extra \extension and system \library\ extension , repair permission reboot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back