Contribute
Register

Attempting to Hack macOS Ventura and Sonoma to Support Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 Cards

For ASPM, I have similar results. That's all for now, no more idea. Good night !

Just a reminder to everyone that we never promised to find a solution. We only promised to try. It is thanks to the expertise of Elias that we've come as far as we have!

@Elias64Fr, if you would like to work on your own WiFi module, feel free to do so. Perhaps when your module is fully working it will help us move further with this WiFi 6 module.

Just a reminder to everyone that we never promised to find a solution. We only promised to try. It is thanks to the expertise of Elias that we've come as far as we have!
Casey, @Elias64Fr I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are all eternally grateful to all of you who try to make things better for all of us.

Thank you!

@Elias64Fr,

Just curious — how much progress have you made on your WiFi 5 module?
  • Firmware loads properly?
  • Or Firmware Loader device is still present in IOReg?
  • What steps do you plan to take next for your own WiFi module?

@Elias64Fr,

Just curious — how much progress have you made on your WiFi 5 module?
  • Firmware loads properly?
  • Or Firmware Loader device is still present in IOReg?
  • What steps do you plan to take next for your own WiFi module?
FirmwareLoaded property is still set to False. AppleBCMWLANCoreFirmwareLoader still present on IOReg.

Here is my progress plan (green: passed, blue: some LOG, orange: Warning? & red: where I'm or suppose to be stuck):

Capture d’écran 2023-10-20 à 18.41.46.png

and inside AppleBCMWLANCore::setupFirmware function :

Capture d’écran 2023-10-19 à 22.02.54.png

Capture d’écran 2023-10-19 à 22.03.26.png

Last edited:
Is there any Windows driver for this card that we can use to extract the firmware? I downloaded one from their website but it just says the driver is confidential.

Is there any Windows driver for this card that we can use to extract the firmware? I downloaded one from their website but it just says the driver is confidential.

Unfortunately they only provide drivers for Linux and Android. And the drivers can only be obtained by contacting their marketing department, which is something I will be doing shortly just did...

Link to card:

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.34.57 AM.png

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

Have been following the progress on this made by yourself and ExtremeXT with interest.

Quick question the chipset on your WEPB-256AXI combo card is listed as Synaptics and not Broadcom as per the thread title. Is this a licensed copy of a Broadcom chipset ? or something that just happens to be compatible/similar to a Broadcom chipset ?

Good Luck with it ...

Cheers
Jay

@CaseySJ

Have been following the progress on this made by yourself and ExtremeXT with interest.
I think you meant Elias64Fr!

Quick question the chipset on your WEPB-256AXI combo card is listed as Synaptics and not Broadcom as per the thread title. Is this a licensed copy of a Broadcom chipset ? or something that just happens to be compatible/similar to a Broadcom chipset ?
This may be a recent change. EmbeddedWorks is one of the authorized resellers of SparkLAN products in North America. On their website the Chipset Maker is still listed as "Broadcom":

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 8.13.42 AM.png

I wonder if Scary Fast will yield any Wi-Fi 7 Macs... ;)

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 8.33.52 AM.png

I think you meant Elias64Fr!

This may be a recent change. EmbeddedWorks is one of the authorized resellers of SparkLAN products in North America. On their website the Chipset Maker is still listed as "Broadcom":

View attachment 573384
Hi @CaseySJ , I can also comfirm this card is based on Broadcom. Here are some information I found online (you need to use google translate), but looks like their driver download page is not working.

Last edited:
Back