Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot" when booting to installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I am trying to do a vanilla install. I can boot to the Clover boot menu fine. I press enter on the "Install macOS Mojave" option, and after about 10 seconds, it says "0xffffff80b4f9b9f0" a lot of times. It then says "Backtrace continues...", followed by "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown" and "Attempting system restart...MACH reboot" (a picture of this is attached to this post).

My specs:
Dell Inspiron 3668
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 1TB HDD
CPU: Intel Core i5 7400
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630

Any help is appreciated, thanks. :)

Attachments

• eqA3ENv.jpg
    eqA3ENv.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 193
Hi. I am trying to do a vanilla install. I can boot to the Clover boot menu fine. I press enter on the "Install macOS Mojave" option, and after about 10 seconds, it says "0xffffff80b4f9b9f0" a lot of times. It then says "Backtrace continues...", followed by "BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown" and "Attempting system restart...MACH reboot" (a picture of this is attached to this post).

My specs:
Dell Inspiron 3668
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 1TB HDD
CPU: Intel Core i5 7400
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630

Any help is appreciated, thanks. :)
You won't get much takers because you will have to wait for those who have the same Brand name PC and know how to install Mojave on it.

Because you have-not provided its Motherboard's Intel Chipset, and the chipsets of SATA Controller, USB Controller , Ethernet Controller , Audio Controller etc, it will be hard for others who don't own the same Dell Inspiron 3668 Computer to help you.

To get better help to post additional information, you can read some tips from here-> #6

You won't get much takers because you will have to wait for those who have the same Brand name PC and know how to install Mojave on it.

Because you have-not provided its Motherboard's Intel Chipset, and the chipsets of SATA Controller, USB Controller , Ethernet Controller , Audio Controller etc, it will be hard for others who don't own the same Dell Inspiron 3668 Computer to help you.

To get better help to post additional information, you can read some tips from here-> #6
Thanks for replying. I ended up recreating the installation media from scratch using a different guide with a different method, and I am now setting up my account on my Hackintosh. I will try to find a way to get my Intel HD Graphics 630 to work on it, but that's probably for another thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back