Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm afraid my first attempt didn't go terribly well! Hah.

I got a ASUS Prime H370-PLUS motherboard, using the onboard intel, followed all the steps in the guide to the dot (last stage I successfully went through was the BIOS setup). Now, unfortunately, after booting onto my usb stick, once I get to the "Languages" screen in the install, the mouse and keyboard aren't working.

It's a bit odd, as they worked in the clover boot-loader screen. But they completely power once I choose the option to boot the Mojave installer.

Any ideas?

I'm afraid my first attempt didn't go terribly well! Hah.

I got a ASUS Prime H370-PLUS motherboard, using the onboard intel, followed all the steps in the guide to the dot (last stage I successfully went through was the BIOS setup). Now, unfortunately, after booting onto my usb stick, once I get to the "Languages" screen in the install, the mouse and keyboard aren't working.

It's a bit odd, as they worked in the clover boot-loader screen. But they completely power once I choose the option to boot the Mojave installer.

Any ideas?

place this in Clover Kexts folder Other on USB Installer.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

Attachments

• GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    120.4 KB · Views: 102
Thanks a lot. That fixed the keyboard problem and mouse problem.

However, now after having the ability to interact with the installer, I managed to get my drive formatted and to begin the installation. But only to see the installer freezes roughly 75% into the process. No error messages or anything. Can I possibly turn on debug output though the install, if so, how?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. That fixed the keyboard problem and mouse problem.

However, now after having the ability to interact with the installer, I managed to get my drive formatted and to begin the installation. But only to see the installer freezes roughly 75% into the process. No error messages or anything. Can I possibly turn on debug output though the install, if so, how?

Try again using a USB 2.0 port and or different ports. Rear ports are a good place to start. Mojave will load and restart several times.

Thanks a lot for trying to help. I tried ever single USB port now, I tried installing to another hard drive, every time, with the exact same result. I even tried, in a moment of slight desperation, to create a new USB stick.

At least Arch Linux and i3 will scream on this box. just imagine rxvt on a 3400mb/sec NVME drive haha :crazy: A shame though, this box was bought specifically to be a MacOs hackintosh, bit bummed I didn't just put the money aside for an original tbh. But hey, you live, you learn.. and all that.

Last edited:
Requires XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .

@P1LGRIM thanks, I wish I hadn't just completed an Arch install :banghead: I'll try on another drive hah

Just out of curiosity, did you know this from the top of your head, or is there some where I can go and see which kexts are needed for my hardware?

Last edited:
There are guides that mention it and I have posted it around a hundred times.

Example :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-waiting-for-root-device.257402/#post-1786727

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Profile updated :thumbup:

Btw, still didn't have much luck, even with the new KEXT. Some people in the thread you linked, are reporting success after flashing their bios (eventhough, it seems like they are having a slightly different problem).

Do you know, I'm wondering, you recon this is likely to be due to the USB port not working? I mean, at this stage, I'm booting and loading the installer from it? I don't know what happens at around 75% of the first installer progress bar, but that seems to be the point it dies every time.

PS. is there a way to run the installer in verbose mode?

Btw, still didn't have much luck
Luck plays no part in the process.

PS. is there a way to run the installer in verbose mode?
Yes, at the Clover boot menu press the spacebar and select verbose mode from the list.
Alternatively you can enable verbose mode in your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back