Contribute
Register

ATI Radeon HD5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
help request ati 5670: after 5 full days, no avail

Tried to get this to work months ago... gave up
NOW new iboot now makes it possible to install and boot, only from iboot disc
After 5 full days (and nights) of read success stories and reinstalling on every fail attempt, resorting to help from the pro's.

Installed SL OSX 10.6... now what do I do

Install Kexts or Install muiltibeast 3.2 first? If so what version of muiltibeast and on what settings is the gigabyte ATI HD5670 HD to work

I have looked on many posts for days to find a working tutorial, many say to have a clean sl installation and then got strait into telling you to copy files to the extra folder, however there is no extra folder before installing muiltibeast.

I am dieing to try my custom build on snow and would love it if someone could point me in the right direction or even (sorry to ask) write a brief guid telling to guid me into the light.

Sorry to have to resort to asking, but I have no other option... you probably know how im feeling, anyway thanks again

Spec's
mb: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
gpu: Gigabyte ATI HD5670
cpu: Intel Core i7 930 Processor

Edit:
Ok, got it all up and running without the cd.

After installing all the features in the new multibeast 3.2 except I didnt choose the dgst checkbox, and only one of the three bootloaders, the ATI experimental. Also uncheck two of the checkboxes under boot options: the 32 and the 64 bit apple boot screen.

Did a restart, installed the ATY_Init.kext, did an iboot cd restart, then installed the ATI driver pack kexts I found on another post, also attached to this post. But i didnt install the ATIRadeonX3000 kext from the package. Then did an iboot restart, installed the ATIRadeonX3000 and did another restart with the iboot cd. and copied preboot from the hidden extra folder inside the iboot cd to the extra folder on the osx. Installed the 10.6.6 updated

And thats where im at now.

Whats working:

Sound only comes from the front headphone jack of my computer, all the 6 pack sound ports from my motherboard dont seem to output sound.

At first, for a usb to be reconized, i had to put the usb in before i started my computer, then it would show up, if I pluged the usb into the computer while osx was running, it would show the please restart your computer message as soon as I plug it in. However 2 days later and usbs work now.
Boot ROM Version says: iBoot.tonymacx86.com

So I am now able to boot into apple, with high resolution but the question is
How to make this boot without the help of preboot
and how to get the "ipod" to work, all usbs work, apart from the ipod
I've installed everything on my system, im just nerviouse it will fail soon

It would be nice to have this working with a dgst, and not with the preeboot.dmg

wywh said:
Any news to work ati 5670 with new multibeast and 10.6.6 osx? thanks!!
My MSI ATI HD5670 1GB works fine in Multibeast 3.3 and 10.6.6.
No need to use ATY_init, use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
However, sometimes it got kernel panic when booting into system.

I got my ATI Radeon HD 5670 up and running following this guide:
http://blog.rebelit.net/?p=167
and using the Vervet boot file.

hehe, but now my audio is glitchy. Back to the drawing board. =)

I have this one SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512 MB ddr5.

Worked OOB with GraphicsEnabler=No to boot after install, and was recognized and full res after 10.6.8 update but still no hdmi audio, and only video thru DVI I can connect a second monitor with the hdmi but only mirror, have not tried vga.

ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68d8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz