Contribute
Register

ATI Radeon HD 7970, weird chimera message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I face exactly the same issue. Booting from the USB stick works fine, after selecting my Mac boot disk it looks like it is booting even with hardware acceleration (I am not sure here, I just noticed the different looking apple logo, compared to the Unibeast one).
So the hack is booting fine this way.

Then I tried to modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but I wasn't able to find it in /Extra, maybe because I tried to modify it before by using the Terminal after booting the Unibeast setup wizard. So I just copied the Unibeast chameleon plist to /Extra, but exactly the same behavior - booting from the stick is working great, directly from the SSD not.
I installed the newest chameleon (DropBox) via the wizard, no difference.

Now I do not really know how to continue, I am quite new to this and I would be very pleased with every kind of hint / useful documentary link I could get :)

I had the same issue with my HD 7970 and Chimera 1.92. But I had an older version of Chimera installed on a different drive, version 1.4.1 (I think), and it boots fine with GraphicsEnabled=n. So I copied org.chameleon.Boot.plist to com.apple.Boot.plist and edited the latter one to have my resolution(Graphics Mode=1920x1200x32) and GraphicsEnabler=no and things are pretty good. So this is an issue with the later versions of Chimera.

I hope we get drivers soon:)

Hey all,

I'm facing the same problem atm, but when booting from the unibeast USB stick, with GraphicsEnabler=NO the screen flashes for a second showing the grey BG and the apple logo. Thats it. Then it reboots. Same thing with integrated graphics from the MB. Monitor is connected via DVI. Any Thoughts?

Ypmen said:
Hey all,

I'm facing the same problem atm, but when booting from the unibeast USB stick, with GraphicsEnabler=NO the screen flashes for a second showing the grey BG and the apple logo. Thats it. Then it reboots. Same thing with integrated graphics from the MB. Monitor is connected via DVI. Any Thoughts?
Boot with -v flag and tell us if there's some error message before the reboot should ere be any and what it says.

It says:

using the divice's default.
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.

Thats all. It stops there and doesn't go any further. When using the integrated grahics of the motherboard it additionally messes up the screen. pic attached...

I'm running on: Gigabyte Z77 DS 3H and i7 3770K.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    535.2 KB · Views: 772
Ypmen said:
Gigabyte Z77 DS 3H and i7 3770K.
Ivy bridge is only supported by using Bridge Helper from the downloads section. That is your problem.

shibirian said:
Ypmen said:
Ivy bridge is only supported by using Bridge Helper from the downloads section. That is your problem.

Hey Guys!

Yep just figured that out :)

I now used Unibeast with BridgeHelper 4. Switched out the kernel via terminal command.
Install worked. Booted into fresh Lion installation. What should i do next, since after installing Multibeast, it doesnt boot anymore and shows an error message.

This is because it doesn't boot with GrahicsEnabler=NO automatically right?

I can however boot from the usb bootloader directly, since there Im able to boot with GrahicsEnabler=NO.

Have you guys figured out to boot directly into Lion and forcing the proper screen resolution?

best

Ypmen said:
shibirian said:
Ypmen said:

Hey Guys!

Yep just figured that out :)

I now used Unibeast with BridgeHelper 4. Switched out the kernel via terminal command.
Install worked. Booted into fresh Lion installation. What should i do next, since after installing Multibeast, it doesnt boot anymore and shows an error message.

This is because it doesn't boot with GrahicsEnabler=NO automatically right?

I can however boot from the usb bootloader directly, since there Im able to boot with GrahicsEnabler=NO.

Have you guys figured out to boot directly into Lion and forcing the proper screen resolution?

best

Hey There!

Lion ist now installed. I managed to force screen resolution as well.
Only Problem left now is that I still have to boot from the USB Bootloader...
Otherwise I get the same screen as "jujuforce" posted at the beginning of this thread.
Seems more like a bootloader problem than a Graphics Card problem now, since it works with usb bootloader?

Did I miss anything?

best

Ypmen said:
Hey There!

Lion ist now installed. I managed to force screen resolution as well.
Only Problem left now is that I still have to boot from the USB Bootloader...
Otherwise I get the same screen as "jujuforce" posted at the beginning of this thread.
Seems more like a bootloader problem than a Graphics Card problem now, since it works with usb bootloader?

Did I miss anything?

best

Try manually installing the boot loader is what I had to do a couple months ago like I mentioned earlier in this thread. I have a disk dedicated to the HackOS, GPT with a EFI partition as well as the actual System partition. Both are formatted as HFS+. Your Boot.plist if you don't already have one would be something similar to (I tried to trunc mine a bit for brevity):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>